issue with Penn Conflict 2500 CFT2500

Started by upstate88, January 23, 2016, 03:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upstate88

Having an issue wher 1/100 casts or so my braid is going in the little gap between the guide (silver roller pice the line rides through) and where the guide fits into the bail on the back side. Screw is tights just seems like there may be a bit more play then necessary. Not the end of the world but on a day where I am tossing $8 worth of gear and its breaking off three or four times in a day that stinks. I called Penn and while they were helpful and nice i was given "you have too much braid on the spool" I understand this may be a common problem with beginner angler I use the marks on the spool and do not overload.

1. My braid is 20lb (recommended diameter)
2. I am tossing the weight that the rod is rated for (low end)
3. Broke in the braid properly on the water

Full disclosure... I was using low end braid that was not new

I just switched to a higher end braid in 30lb above the recommended but still within recommended diameter. My hope is a thinker line and higher end braid will solve my issue.

handi2

If you disassemble the line roller there should be a white nylon washer on each side of the line roller. If one is missing it can cause this. If one is missing send me a PM and I will send you one.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

upstate88

There was the washer on the right and a white "bushing" on the left

handi2

I think you are missing one white nylon flat washer. It gets one on each  side of the line roller.  The bushing is for the line roller to roll on.

If you PM me your address I'll send you a couple of them incase you lose one.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL