Okuma Coronado CD 65a Baitfeeder

Started by zenfisher, February 04, 2011, 02:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

It's quite possible.  I just looked for the biggest washer that could fit in each stack.  I didn't even bother trying to match up the washers to see if they are the same.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i think we found another set of drag washers for dawn to make.........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lumberjack93

Quote from: alantani on June 04, 2011, 10:30:31 PM

Alan, I sent Dawn at Smooth Drag the Drag Stack from my Okuma Coronado CD-65 this week.  Dawn graciously created a new set of Carbontex washers for me.  She is also going to start stocking these washers. 

The whole Coronado line uses the same drag washer:

Key - 610               Part number - 26100053

I have also noticed that the Okuma Cedros spinning reels use the same Key & Part Number.  Looks like this new Carbontex washer is going to cover a whole lot of reels.

I'll post the installation pics in a new thread.

Lumberjack93

cavalier

Hi,
Looking for some help. I have a Okuma Coronado CD80a Baitfeeder which got dunked in saltwater & the reel seized up. After opening, I found that the second lower bearing on the vertical worm gear shaft had got jammed after rusting. So I got a replacement (Bearing ( 0910494) from Okuma. They were very kind to ship it to me for free.

However, after I assembled the reel back, I found that the reel would run free in both directions. The small lever to lock it in one direction was not working. Can anyone guide me in resolving this issue. I am located in India & shipping it to the US is out of the question because of the cost.
Regards
Pratap Nair (Cavalier) ::) ::)

alantani

i am not up to speed on these small spinners.  anyone else?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Quote from: cavalier on June 09, 2014, 11:59:33 AM
Hi,
Looking for some help. I have a Okuma Coronado CD80a Baitfeeder which got dunked in saltwater & the reel seized up. After opening, I found that the second lower bearing on the vertical worm gear shaft had got jammed after rusting. So I got a replacement (Bearing ( 0910494) from Okuma. They were very kind to ship it to me for free.

However, after I assembled the reel back, I found that the reel would run free in both directions. The small lever to lock it in one direction was not working. Can anyone guide me in resolving this issue. I am located in India & shipping it to the US is out of the question because of the cost.
Regards
Pratap Nair (Cavalier) ::) ::)

If it was working before we can get it working again :).

Typically the lever has to fit properly into a corresponding space in the clutch bearing which I think is part #0910352 CD80a. It usually creates some small rotation in the bearing to allow the rollers to bite.

Be sure that it is fitted properly and you should have no trouble.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Lumberjack93 on July 18, 2013, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: alantani on June 04, 2011, 10:30:31 PM

Alan, I sent Dawn at Smooth Drag the Drag Stack from my Okuma Coronado CD-65 this week.  Dawn graciously created a new set of Carbontex washers for me.  She is also going to start stocking these washers. 

The whole Coronado line uses the same drag washer:

Key - 610               Part number - 26100053

I have also noticed that the Okuma Cedros spinning reels use the same Key & Part Number.  Looks like this new Carbontex washer is going to cover a whole lot of reels.

I'll post the installation pics in a new thread.

Lumberjack93

Did you also do the large washer under the spool?  I can pull up dimensions from my cad drawings if you need them.

cavalier

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick revert. There is a small spring which pulls back the ARB back when you toggle the lever. This has gotten bent slightly. Also I had greased the bearing. I read elsewhere on this site that greasing will cause the bearing rollers to stick & freewheel. I will try & clean up again to remove the grease & use light oil. If some one can share a pic of a correctly assembled bearing, it would be a great help. The bearing fell into parts while assembling & I reassembled it by memory.

I guess ,once this is done, rotating the lever to the lock position will cause the rollers to bite & lock the bearing in one direction.
Thanks & Regards
Cavalier

johndtuttle

Quote from: cavalier on June 10, 2014, 05:53:08 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the quick revert. There is a small spring which pulls back the ARB back when you toggle the lever. This has gotten bent slightly. Also I had greased the bearing. I read elsewhere on this site that greasing will cause the bearing rollers to stick & freewheel. I will try & clean up again to remove the grease & use light oil. If some one can share a pic of a correctly assembled bearing, it would be a great help. The bearing fell into parts while assembling & I reassembled it by memory.

I guess ,once this is done, rotating the lever to the lock position will cause the rollers to bite & lock the bearing in one direction.
Thanks & Regards
Cavalier

Light grease is fine in the ARB, just add some oil if it is very heavy grease or becomes sticky. Other than Shimano clutches which have to be left dry the real issue is very old grease in a reel that hasn't been used in a long time. Then, grease can cause any switch to fail as it turns to gum.

cavalier

Hi John,

Thanks for the advice. Will try over the weekend & hope it works out.

Regards
Cavalier

cavalier

Thanks guys for the sage advice, it worked.

I stripped the rollers clean & assembled them back after light oiling. The key factor turned out to be the tiny spring connected to the projected lip of the outer race of the roller bearing. When the Anti reverse lever is turned to the lock position, the plastic pin next to the roller bearing lip rotates & frees the bearing outer race. This permits the spring ( extended earlier)  to retract ,thereby turning the outer race in a anti clockwise direction. This results in the rollers getting locked & movement of the spool is permitted only in one direction. Hope my explanation is not too confusing
Regards
Cavalier ;D ;D ;D

johndtuttle

Very glad to hear you are back in business  ;)