Van Staal Question

Started by sharkman, January 25, 2016, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Recently found the following reel on craigslist for a substantially lower than retail price.  The owner claims needs bail wire. To me looks like something is going on other than bail wire. I have never worked on van staal reels. Can anyone tell what is going on with reel by picture and about how much it would cost to fix.  Thanks.

handi2

By the pictures the bail wire is just bent down. The bail arm itself is straight.  It looks like a 150 and the price should be around $300.00
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

anglingarchitect

i Own A VS150 that I just love, but I can't tell what is suppose to be wrong from those pics. Whats the price if it's too cheap, there probably a reason.

sharkman

Thanks guys for the comments. The price on the reel is 400. The ad claims never fished but the bail wire is broken.

steelfish

you can buy the bailess kit and forget about that bil wire

The Baja Guy

sharkman

So the guy sent a close up. The black piece between the roller and the bail wire is broken. You can actually see the metal peeled back where the bail wire inserts into arm.

sharkman

Called about part the bail assembly is 86.85 plus shipping.

Porthos

Looks like $420 has been the lowest on eBay recently for a new one. So $486.85 is the cap BEFORE any negotiations for a lower price with your CL seller...should see the reel in person to see if there's any OTHER damage from what broke it in the first place.