How to access spool drag on old shimano BB-X EV ISO Reel ?

Started by Jayce, January 26, 2016, 06:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Need help guys.

Got an old shimano BB-X EV 3000 ISO reel.
I dont have the tool to open/access the spool drag assemly.

Any ideas how can i open it ?

Thanx

Bruce

Hello 
       Need some help with old stradic 4000 Super Stopper II  Dyna balance  pearl white gold accent and spool  wooden handle made in Japan 
   sticker on inside reel seat Shimano VH-S

Will one of the tutorials here work for this reel and what recomendations from anyone  ?
   Reel cranks very smoothly and bail trip is light and easy , I kinda like it .
   Bought used maybe 1990s model ? 

Thank you  Buzz
Buzz

philaroman

figure out the exact model for the schematic: graphite frame 4000FB was the first w/ Super Stopper II roller bearing & aluminum 4000FG was the last w/ rosewood knob

as I recall w/ all those models:
1) don't pull out the A/R Cam & Spring if you don't have to -- reinstalling the spring could be tricky
2) if the reel is well-used, mark the relative position of main & pinion gears, before you pull either -- there's a long, detailed thread on the subject, somewhere on this Forum (hopefully, pinned)
3) you may find what you need under "Symetre" -- each of those white/gold Stradic models had a Symetre that was identical except for color, cheaper handle & fewer BB's [NOTE: there was a "model skip" - i.e., StradicFE=SymetreFE, but StradicFG=SymetreFH]
also, one of the early Sustain's (FA-FD?) should be pretty close