2nd Generation Jigmaster 500/501 or 112H 4:1 SS Gear Set

Started by Black Pearl, January 31, 2016, 01:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

This part will be available for shipping by mid May 2016.

This is a 2nd generation code name is JM500X 4:1 SS gear set with 6 ears for JigMaster 500/501, 112H and other models.

Here is the price per items.
JM500X 4:1 SS gear set (main and pinion):   $55.00
1mm carbon fiber drag washer (3 pcs):         $9.00
0.9mm SS keyed metal washer (3 pcs):        $7.50

Here are the difference package deals.
Package A: JM500X gear set + CF washers (set) + 0.9mm SS keyed metal washers (set) + delrin under gear washer (Free) = $69.99
Package B: PC98-60 (coarse) or PC98-505 (fine)  (10 teeth gear sleeve) + package A = $89.99
Package C: SS eccentric jack + SS yoke + package B = $99.99
Package D: SS double dog bridge + package C = $112.00

Shipping cost is $3.25 per package by USPS First Class Parcel Service or $8.00 for the first package + $4.00 per additional package by USPS Priority Mail within the US.

For outside the US shipping cost, please contact me for more info.

Here is a picture of the 2nd gen gear set for the Jigmaster 500/501 and 112H. It is heading to Sal for testing....

It is 4:1 ratio.

Alto Mare

I want to mention that the gears in production will not be drilled as the ones you see above.
Alan already mentioned this, but since he posted that photo, I wanted to mention it again.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

badfish71

Black Pearl

Quote from: badfish71 on April 25, 2016, 07:08:12 PM
Is there anyway to get the size of the holes?

Which holes are you talking about? The production of the main gear will not be drilled through the bottom of the main gear.

badfish71

the holes in the picture where the "ears" of the drag washers sit in the gear. 

Black Pearl

Quote from: Reel 224 on April 26, 2016, 06:43:11 PM
Quote from: badfish71 on April 26, 2016, 05:31:20 PM

The finished gear will not be drilled threw, so that means only a slotted portion is inside and it looks to 1/3 the diameter of the original drilled hole in the picture.

Sorry  Alan if I steeped on your reply.

Joe   

There is no problem at all, Joe. Since I don't have the gear with me, I will have to ask Sal.

badfish71

The finished gear will not be drilled threw, so that means only a slotted portion is inside and it looks to 1/3 the diameter of the original drilled hole in the picture.

Joe   

I understand the finished product will NOT have the holes go all the way through. The reason I am asking for the measurement is that in case someone wanted to mill or drill the holes to match the gear pictured it would help to have those dimensions.

Alto Mare

Quote from: badfish71 on April 26, 2016, 09:50:42 PM

Joe   

I understand the finished product will NOT have the holes go all the way through. The reason I am asking for the measurement is that in case someone wanted to mill or drill the holes to match the gear pictured it would help to have those dimensions.

3/16"
As much as I wanted them drilled at first, after a few tests, I requested no holes.
You will be better off with no holes.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

badfish71

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 26, 2016, 10:08:25 PM
Quote from: badfish71 on April 26, 2016, 09:50:42 PM

Joe   

3/16"
As much as I wanted them drilled at first, after a few tests, I requested no holes.
You will be better off with no holes.

Sal

great thanks. What are the benefits you observed in testing in having the gear w/o the holes?

Alto Mare

Shredding of the under main gear washer didn't happen.

Sal

Hoochrip

Will take a package d fine thread when available.

mikeysm

What is the update on the 2nd generation jigmaster gears.

Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: mikeysm on May 13, 2016, 02:01:30 PM
What is the update on the 2nd generation jigmaster gears.

Mike

It should be ready by middle of next month.

borchcl

Hi Alan, Glad to hear these are getting close to delivery. I will need two Package A kits when you are ready to ship. Let me know how you would like to paid.
Thanks again for all the work.
Charles Borchardt