2nd Generation Jigmaster 500/501 or 112H 4:1 SS Gear Set

Started by Black Pearl, January 31, 2016, 01:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Alan will the jigmaster gears ship along with the 113 gears.

Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: mikeysm on July 01, 2016, 02:44:43 PM
Alan will the jigmaster gears ship along with the 113 gears.

Mike

Yes, this shipment (113HX, Newell 3.6, JM500X and JM500N) is on its way to the US. It should be here by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

mikeysm

That's great I used my 5.1 gears from my jigmaster in my squidder magnum. I have been waiting for new gears to replace them. Also the new frame and spool from Randy will need a set also.

Mike

Black Pearl

mikeysm

I installed Alans second generation kit. This is so smooth you think the the reel is in free spool while reeling.

Mike

David Hall

I'm not seeing it in the store.
I need package D

Okay I see the gear set but not the package deal?

Black Pearl

Quote from: David Hall on July 20, 2016, 02:40:11 AM
I'm not seeing it in the store.
I need package D

Okay I see the gear set but not the package deal?

Hi Dave,

I need to have Sal check on the pinion gear again. Please hold on.

hurt locker

Will the 98-505 gear sleeve and the main drive gear ( 5-500) along with the drag washers fit into a 210 or would I have to make modifications? Not looking to get a major drag increase, just looking for smoother drag at the top of the original max drag.

Alto Mare

I  personally don't have that reel, but from looking at the parts list, you shouldn't have any problems.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

hurt locker

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 26, 2016, 01:13:55 AM
I  personally don't have that reel, but from looking at the parts list, you shouldn't have any problems.

Thank you. I have a couple and I want to use them on the James River For Blue Cats but would like to beef them up a little. I like the retrieve rate and power combination, plus I like the level wind. Thanks again.

mo65

Quote from: hurt locker on July 26, 2016, 12:44:53 AM
Will the 98-505 gear sleeve and the main drive gear ( 5-500) along with the drag washers fit into a 210 or would I have to make modifications?

Hey hurt locker,
Check your 210's gear sleeve before ordering a 98-505...my reel had a 98-60 in it...and it didn't appear to have been replaced. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to open the reel up.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

cbar45

Yes, the 98-505 gear sleeve will fit a 210 so long as you have the compatible fine-thread star.

A few of my 210's came stock with those parts.

If comparing stock parts the threads on a 98-60 sleeve and star are actually a bit stronger, being coarser.

chad

hurt locker

Thank you Both for the Heads up regarding the gear sleeves. I will check first before ordering. Would like to get at least 2 finished before I head to the James this Fall.

Black Pearl

garking84

Just like cbar mentioned. Yes the 210 will work with the 98-505  sleeve, I have a few with ss sleeve Ss dog bryans  drag kit with steel gears.  I tried installing a newell gear in the 210 but I couldn't get it to work because the pinions are different, and for some reason the newell gear didn't mesh well with the 13-140 pinion. So I just went with the steel gears it works great.