113H SS Double Dogging Bridge

Started by Black Pearl, February 06, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

All these parts are shipping out from Taiwan to the USA today. I should have it by coming this Friday, and all paid orders will ship out this Saturday to members.

Anyone who also paid for the Jack part, that order will also ship out with your paid bridge order together.

Thank you all your patient!!!!!!

Thanks,
--Alan C

Black Pearl

They are on route to be in the US.

Are we ready?

Tightlines667

Exciting stuff!

Sounds like Santa Claus is onroute.

BTW has anyone tested these in JVariance, Accurate, and the other aftermarket side plates yet?

I didn't order any items directly from you.  I will pick mine up from Brian's Fishing here in Honolulu once I know it will work in my JVARIANCE plate.

Thanks again for making these available!

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelhead_killer

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 11, 2016, 09:59:13 PM
By the way, if any member who purchased this SS double dog bridge wants to add a SS eccentric jack (PC11-113) in his order, he can just send a PayPal gift of $7.99 each to my PayPal account (prochallenger@yahoo.com). This part will ship with the bridge order together because it saves you guy on $2.45 + PayPal fee.

Sent you paypal for three
><)))">

David Hall

Black Pearl

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 16, 2016, 07:11:52 PM
Exciting stuff!

BTW has anyone tested these in JVariance, Accurate, and the other aftermarket side plates yet?

I didn't order any items directly from you.  I will pick mine up from Brian's Fishing here in Honolulu once I know it will work in my JVARIANCE plate.

John

Hi John,

We tested it in Penn's side plates ( old and new) and Accurate.

Thanks,
Alan

Maxed Out

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 16, 2016, 05:45:21 PM
They are on route to be in the US.

Are we ready?

Wow Alan, very impressive. That's a lot of man hours in that box of custom parts.....and a lot of future "Tanks" yet to be built, thanks to you  8) 8)

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

day0ne

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 16, 2016, 08:17:20 PM
Exciting stuff!

John

Hi John,

Thanks,
Alan

JVariance side plates are basically an exact copy of the Accurate plates as far as I can tell
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Tightlines667

Quote from: day0ne on May 16, 2016, 11:51:51 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on May 16, 2016, 08:17:20 PM
Exciting stuff!

I didn't order any items directly from you.  I will pick mine up from Brian's Fishing here in Honolulu once I know it will work in my JVARIANCE plate.

John

Hi John,

Thanks,
Alan

JVariance side plates are basically an exact copy of the Accurate plates as far as I can tell

That's what I suspect, but I have never had them sitting side-by-side.. I will pick one up from Brian, when they arrive, and try it out.  My bet is that it is going to work just fine.
Hope springs eternal

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 17, 2016, 01:22:26 AM
Why wouldn't they?

Usually when an aftermarket parts doesn'the quite fit right.. I would chalk it up to 'clearance ossues'.  I am aware it's nearly impossible to test these parts in every variant of the reel model they were designed for, but inferenceshe can certainly be made.  Like it works in the Accurate plate, so it will work in the JVariance or LeePro, or the old school Penn plates with that were madeven for only right or left hand reels, may not have enough clearance.  Just musing, but I just thought I would ask if there were any known incompatibility issues with these bridges as of yet. 

I am sure they will work great, and will likely be compatible  with most, if not all plates.
Hope springs eternal

Alto Mare

As for tolerance you are absolutely correct John.
Here is the JVariance plate, this is just the bridge test and nothing else:

You probably can't see it, but the sleeve doesn't sit completely centered to the hole. Still, I don't believe it would be an issue.

Here is Tom's plate:

A perfect fit, just as the Accurate. This tells me Tom's are milled from Accurate, but I might be wrong.
With all of these custom parts, it's always a good practice to set all screws loose and tighten them gradually, plate and frame.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Great Job Sal... a picture (or 3) are worth 1000 words.  Looks like these will work in out just fine, not that I ever really ad any doubts.  I do agree with your assessment that they seem to center best in the Accurate headplates.  Looks like the pinion should still clear fine, and have enough meat on the teeth to engage cleanly on all 3 plates tested, just gauging by eye there. 

Thanks for sharing the pictures Sal.
Hope springs eternal

vilters

payment sent for 1 ss eccentric. thanks, Steve

sdlehr

Payment sent for one SS eccentric jack to include when shipping my bridge.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector