113H SS Double Dogging Bridge

Started by Black Pearl, February 06, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Are you looking at the right side dog spring that is on the end of the dog instead of in the notch?
Or the way the left dog spring is arched under tension?
With the sleeve, washer and gears in place, everything seems to function fine with no interference anywhere.

Alto Mare

Dave, the spring on the longer dog should sit in the notch, but if yours is working and you like it, let it go.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

David Hall

I moved it into the notch just so it can be comfortable, but it was working either way.
Just so you know, I inspected the inside cut of the accurate magnum jigmaster side plate.  The edges are cut clean and square, radius or eased edges on the bridge will have no effect whatsoever., also the screws stick through the bridge by several threads, this also has no effect, the spool has lots of clearance and nothing is touching.  All the test fitting and work you did to help bring this bridge to us is evident, the screw holes lined up perfectly on the magnum plate, better than stock imho.  The dogs operate flawlessly and engage the sleeve teeth perfectly simultaneously.  It's a work of art.  Thanks Sal and thanks Alan.

swill88

Thanks Alan...

Delivered to Bay Area by noon Monday... USPS

Beautiful!

Steve

steelhead_killer

Installed the bridge, and boy does she purrrrrr!  Great work!  Tolerances are tight!  Love it!  Bridge screws need to be screwed in a little at a time to line everything up perfect fyi...  ;D  Thanks Alan!
><)))">

borchcl

Mine arrived in today's (5/24/160) mail. Looks GREAT! Hope to put them together later this week. Thanks again Alan.
Regards,
Charlie

mikeysm

The bridge fell right into place with no problems. These parts turned this into a world class reel.

Mike

Penn Chronology

Received the bridge, looks great. Will add this to the Accurate 4/0 as time allows. Thank you Alan.

sdlehr

I was away over the weekend when my bridge and Lee's lug blanks arrived. I spent a little time installing things last night - the bridge slipped in fine, easier than the Jigmaster bridge of a few months ago, but I had to take a little off the tip of the longer dog, and still need to take a little more off so they will both trip at the same time. I got them closer, but they need just a little more fine tuning. I still need to get an under gear Delrin washer and since my donor was an older open-drag model I need to replace the top hat. Also received the red drag star I ordered, I'm getting close to posting pics of this build....

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

AlasKen

I got  my double dog bridge yesterday.  No time yet to put them together but look top notch.  Ken

PacRat

Sid,
Which gear sleeve did you use?
Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: PacRat on May 26, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
Sid,
Which gear sleeve did you use?
Mike

It is a known info. If the bridge uses with the 8 tooth gear sleeve, the dog will be alternated.

Tightlines667

For members on Oahu, Btw..

Brian (@Brian's Fishing) now has the bridges, and sleeves in stock, and available for purchase.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Black Pearl

Anyone has a 113H build with this DD bridge installed? Please show a picture......

steelhead_killer

><)))">