113H SS Double Dogging Bridge

Started by Black Pearl, February 06, 2016, 08:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Im not going to get into to that. I bought two of them thinking that were new not reconditioned.  Its up to the person if they want to take a chance or not. But at least let them know what they are buying.

Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: mikeysm on October 28, 2018, 01:57:38 PM
Im not going to get into to that. I bought two of them thinking that were new not reconditioned.  Its up to the person if they want to take a chance or not. But at least let them know what they are buying.

Mike

I did post a thread about it last June when day one had the issue.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25455.msg288925#msg288925. Regardless, it was my bad, but those bridges were new and never been used. It will not fail.

Alto Mare

Quote from: mikeysm on October 28, 2018, 01:57:38 PM

Mike

I didn't really get back the answer to my question to you.
I do not have anything to do with your buying experience, I was simply asking if the bridge..as you have it now...has failed you, as for functionality and not appearance.

About other comments you've put out, that would be something you would need to discuss with the gentlemen that sold those to you.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

They are going back.I am not going to use them.

Mike

Alto Mare

Quote from: mikeysm on October 28, 2018, 02:19:45 PM
They are going back.I am not going to use them.

Mike

I thought you used them :-\. Ok...got it!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Mike: With all due respect. In My opinion you should thake that issue up with the seller to give them a chance to make it right. Sal is interested in learning if the bridges were in any way defective as we are on the AT site.

To bring something up that you imply someone misrepresented a part and not give through redemption a chance, well in my book. It's a one way street your living on.

This post is not made to embarrass or disrespect Mike I'm sure he has a right to voice his opinion and he does. This is just my opinion......................Joe         
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

alantani

i would ideally like this issue to be settled short term in a calm and professional manner.  long term, i will be speaking to all parties in about a month, some over the phone but preferably in person over a single malt.  i have several concerns, but they will have to wait until things are taken care of on the home front.  until then, gentlemen........ 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rivverrat

The bridge I have fits the description of what's being described.

This bridge has been removed from the reel repeatedly & tightened down " Tight "  with zero issues.

For any new guys here. The guys that sell stuff here are stand up, take care of things type fellas.

Every one of them best I can tell wants to sell you a good product. They also wish to know of any issues.

Some of these fellas have regular jobs. They just aint making a killing on producing this stuff for us.

I for one choose to be understanding & have patience with all this in mind... Jeff

SuperDave4x4

I'll take one from the new batch as well... along with SS Gear Sleeve. Next is a Aluminum frame and spool!

Black Pearl

This item is available at Mystic reel parts now.

Thanks,
Alan

Gman_WC

Quote from: Black Pearl on January 27, 2019, 05:41:27 PM
This item is available at Mystic reel parts now.

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks Alan.
I just hit Mo up for four bridges. Get'm while you can! :o
Two new XN T4N1Tib's to build and upgrading two
Tib narrows getting full ss guts.
-g

Walnut Creek, CA

jkel

Hi guys, I'm putting together Alan's bridge and good thing I looked here. Was wondering why it was so hard to turn the handle.

1) Need to sand down the back side of the Smooth Drag SS yoke
2) The Pro Challenger SS eccentric plate leading edges need to be sanded down just a bit too? Please see pic and correct me if I'm wrong about the location (arrows)

Alto Mare

Hello Jkel, I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.
I think you are saying that after installing the custom jack and custom yoke the handle was hard to turn?
But after you sanded the jack, as you're showing on your pic everything is fine now?

Just wanted to make sure I got it right.

Thanks,

Sal

jkel

Yes after installing the SS jack and SS yoke the handle was hard to turn.

I sanded down the SS yoke a little and the handle did turn a bit better but not by much. I even swapped the SS yoke with the stock brass and it turned slightly better but not by much. It's nowhere near how a stock setup feels.

Then I read that the SS jack leading edges needed to be sanded down a bit too? Haven't done that yet so wanted to verify.

Gman_WC

Funny, I'm putting together a custom build and I can't even get the new SS Jack\Yoke to fit in\on the Eccentric It just does not seem to fit.
I cussed till 2am Sunday night and gave up.
I know one side of the yoke is flat and the other not that goes up.
-g
Walnut Creek, CA