Great Product and Service

Started by Meanwhile, March 21, 2017, 09:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meanwhile

I received my order of flashers yesterday.   I was too tired from fishing Depoe Bay to open them so got my first look today.  They look fantastic.  I hope to post a photo of a Spring chinook but the Columbia River is running mud, just at flood stage.   You would need to have a nuclear powered flasher to make a diffetence in the river right now.

I'll be back to post up photos, but I can say the quality of the flashers are great.  Only first class swivels are used.  I can tell they will last many years. 

I put 200lb bumpers on all my flashers so I'll have that done in no time.  My boat is in a slip until April 30 so the Springers had better watch out.

Randy Kane

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Meanwhile

We call them bumpers, but they are just a length of heavy mono in front of the flasher.  First, it means you don't lose your flasher.  Secondly, the heavy mono insures that it will not spin up and foul gear.  Thirdly, if you do have a wrap of mono or braid on that piece it is easier to clear the tangle.  I just make a crimped section that stays on. 

Dominick

Quote from: Meanwhile on March 22, 2017, 04:52:32 AM
We call them bumpets, but they are just a length of heavy mono in front of the flasher.  First, it means you don't lose your flasher.  Secondly, the heavy mono insures that it will not spin up and foul gear.  Thirdly, if you do have a wrap of mono or braid on that piece it is easier to clear the tangle.  I just make a crimped section that stays on. 
Any chance you have a photo of your rigging?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Meanwhile

Quote from: Dominick on March 22, 2017, 11:23:30 PM
Quote from: Meanwhile on March 22, 2017, 04:52:32 AM
We call them bumpers, but they are just a length of heavy mono in front of the flasher.  First, it means you don't lose your flasher.  Secondly, the heavy mono insures that it will not spin up and foul gear.  Thirdly, if you do have a wrap of mono or braid on that piece it is easier to clear the tangle.  I just make a crimped section that stays on. 
Any chance you have a photo of your rigging?  Dominick

I'll try a link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzRLXFZ3NW8UWTVsMjBLSlAzMDA/view?usp=drivesdk

Dominick

The link worked great.  Thanks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AU7172

Thanks Meanwhile for the photo. I had the same question. Just got 3 flashers from Ted and I would be really sick if I lost them due to inferior connection on my part.