Vintage 9/0 Hot rodding

Started by Shark Hunter, February 26, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linesliderryro

I plan on attaching the leash to the reel clamp. I like the looks without a brace but when it comes down to it I don't want to gamble with a reel so special. Even tho I agree with you Bryanc, im thinking il be going the "better safe than sorry" route. Il be getting a brace. Wow it shined up beautifully!! Sorry about the issue. I know you'll come through on that and for that i am grateful.

Shark Hunter

Here is the bridge in question. I remember Tom having the same issue,

Two .010 shims for the sleeve.

Stack ready and greased. Delrin on top.

Prepping the Tom frame.

Here you Go Ryan. I'll get that brace and ship it back to you in the next day or so.

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Nicely done, but I expected no less. Love that handle blade.

sdlehr

Nicely done, Daron. I understand the problem with the post/gear sleeve, but I don't understand your solution....

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

RowdyW

Quote from: sdlehr on February 29, 2016, 03:48:00 PM
Nicely done, Daron. I understand the problem with the post/gear sleeve, but I don't understand your solution....

Sid
I would say he just got a later bridge that was the correct size.

Shark Hunter

I took one out of another reel Sid.
Life is Good!

linesliderryro

Its phenomenal!! Dam i'm excited. That handle looks so perfect. Im itching to test it out. All wahooooooo pics will be posted here. You have a gift Daron. I would have been lost doing all that

Shark Hunter

Only from what I have learned here Ryan. Wait until you feel how comfortable that handle setup is. ;)
Life is Good!

sdlehr

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 29, 2016, 04:25:30 PM
I took one out of another reel Sid.
Doh! Does that still leave you with a mismatched set?

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Shark Hunter

It leaves me with a reel that needs a bridge. ;)
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 29, 2016, 05:35:13 PM
It leaves me with a reel that needs a bridge. ;)

;D

That's first class client service!

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

If it were any other Senator that gets the Hot Rod treatment, I would have had a spare.
My Man Fred already hooked me up.
One thing I need to add about this build. There is a hole on either side of these bushing reels that doesn't quite line up with Tom's frame.
It takes all of five seconds to remedy. The correct drill bit through the rings and plate.

Life is Good!

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

I'm looking forward to the day I see Darren's picture on here wrestling a really big shark from the surf with one of his hot rodded winches.  ;D ;D ;) ::)