Can't log in with my tablet

Started by Marcq, March 04, 2016, 02:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

Samsung Galaxy 10, (password incorrect) But no problem on my laptop (only other device)

Its been a while and can't remember if I was once able to. What could cause that?

Thanks, Marc..

alantani

that one i have no idea.  are you getting some sort of spam message?  i can check your ip address, but if should be the same. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marcq

No spam message, I'm going to try to log out on my laptop and see what happens

edit:it didn't made any difference login out of the laptop, will try on my wife laptop
edit: tried on my wife laptop and can't log in ether, weird

Marc..

Three se7ens

Make sure you have the browser set to accept cookies. 

Marcq

Quote from: Three se7ens on March 05, 2016, 07:03:33 PM
Make sure you have the browser set to accept cookies. 

That's the first thing I did
Marc..

Porthos

MarkT

I'm on my iPad now and am logged in on my desktop upstairs and at my work Computer too. I don't see that I'm logged in on the main page but I do on any of the sub pages like the beginners board.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tiddlerbasher

Get one of mods (the Boss himself?) to send you your password. Then, log in manually and save the password. If it works on your laptop and not on the Ipad the account name might be the same but the password could be wrong. Or the browser on your pad has some sort of incompatibility :-\ Your IP address will be the same.

alantani

i can try that if you wish, but there is not supposed to be a difference.  it would be no different than logging in from a phone, and i do that all the time!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mike1010

Try a different keyboard app on your tablet.  (This is possible with android; I don't know about apple/ios.)  I have seen similar malfunctions with a keyboard app on an android phone.

Mike

Marcq

Changed browser didn't do it. Just tried on my iphone and can't login ether.
So basically out of 4 device I can only login on one, my laptop

Don't think sending me another password would change anything

Those 4 device all share the same ip address ?

Marc..

Tiddlerbasher

Assuming you have only one wifi/router - they will all have the same IP address - that is provided to the router from your broadband provider.
They will have different network addresses e.g. 192.168.0.9, 192.168.0.8 etc. but they should be in the same range. All this assumes that you haven't given any of them a 'fixed' network address. You should be able to login from any device provided you have the correct user name and password :-\

mike1010

Quote from: mike1010 on March 06, 2016, 07:26:47 PM
Try a different keyboard app on your tablet.  (This is possible with android; I don't know about apple/ios.)  I have seen similar malfunctions with a keyboard app on an android phone.

Mike

Oh, it is an android device.  Try another keyboard app, really.  No guarantees, but it is a definite maybe :->.  The potential issue is inconsistent handling of multi-byte characters, FWIW.

Mike

Hook um

When in doubt, try deleting/clearing your Cookies and do a reboot...

Marcq

The odd thing is that I don't have a problem on other site with any of the 4 device

And I did everything mention above so far except for a different keyboard

It's no biggie when I'm home only when I travel. Will continue to investigate
Thanks a bunch, Marc..