Any recommendations for charters near Fallardo Puerto Rico?

Started by inodan2, March 07, 2016, 05:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inodan2

I will be in Puerto Rico in the next couple of months and was wondering if anyone has had any experiences deep sea fishing on the north eastern part of Puerto Rico?

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Dominick

Hi Danny, Fajardo is not far from San Juan.  What I would do is go to "fishinginpuertorico.com" which is the site of Captain Omar Oracca.  He both deep sea fishes and fishes for local Tarpon.  As a matter of fact Capt. Omar is an expert on Tarpon and Tarpon habitat.  He will answer your email if you need a recommendation for someone in Fajardo.  Since you will be there I would not pass up Tarpon fishing.  You can always get out deep sea fishing but Tarpon is pretty exciting.  If you fish with Captain Omar mention Dominick and Joe from NJ.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

inodan2

I have never been tuna/wahoo/dorado fishing before so that is why I was thinking about deep sea fishing.  Started reading about tarpon and have seen shows on tarpon fishing, now you have me wondering if I should try to go for tarpon instead.  Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks for the info.

inodan2

I decided to use Captain Omar and I ended up catching 2 Tarpon on a 4 hour charter in the lagoons.  I caught a 50 and a 100 pounder.  I have a pic of the 50 and a 20 minute video of the 100. Best fishing of my life. Thank you so much for the recommendation. I would use captain omar again. I will post both when I get the images and video off of my wife's phone. I made my wife go with me because I did not own a gopro. I needed her to document the catching.

Dominick

Wow!  I can't wait for the photos and video.  I had great times with Captain Omar on every trip.  He is an expert on Tarpon and their habitat.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

inodan2

here is the pic of the 50lb one.  I have no clue how to edit the 20 minute video of the 100 pounder.

inodan2

Sorry for posting multiple time.  I have no clue what I am doing.

swill88

Dominick

Inodan2, I am glad you took my recommendation and fished with Captain Omar.  I knew you would have a good time fishing with him.  He is a self proclaimed expert on Tarpon and he has proved it to me several times.  Did you enjoy the bait catching?  Those mangrove lagoons are pretty also.  Most of the time I fished in February and the iguanas were mating.  The males are enormous and multi-hued during that season.  Just post the whole 20 minute video and let us know where on the video the action starts.  Dominick