Hooks

Started by Keta, March 11, 2016, 05:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I am sorting hooks and can not remember the size I used on the 2004 trip.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i go with #2 and #1 for anchovies, then 2/0 and 3/0 for sardines, and 4/0 to 6/0 for macks. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Quote from: alantani on March 11, 2016, 05:34:28 AM
i go with #2 and #1 for anchovies, then 2/0 and 3/0 for sardines, and 4/0 to 6/0 for macks. 

Thanks Alan. 

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

I've used Owner Gorilla 2/0 almost exclusively with Sardines the last couple of years on my 5 and 10 day trips. They're a pretty thick wire but certainly haven't affected my ability to get bit. They're big for a 2/0 and more like a Mustard 3/0. With Anchovies, I use a Mustad #2 for decent 'chovies and down to a #6 for the tiny 2 eyes and a wiggle.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

I have a lot of #2 Gorilla hooks, and  Mutu's.

Mark Twain

Porthos

Quote from: Keta on March 13, 2016, 02:25:49 AM
I have a lot of #2 Gorilla hooks, and  Mutu's.

You'll be fine, Lee.

Keta

Yup, I have a lot of hooks but a failing memory..... need to spend less time drinking with my cat.... :D  

Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on March 13, 2016, 05:17:22 PM
Yup, I have a lot of hooks but a failing memory..... need to spend less time drinking with my cat.... :D  

I'm no better off drinking with my dog Lee. I guess I'm still OK on hooks as Alan said if I used up all these hooks I would need a bigger freezer  ;D

BT

Bryan Young

Those new Eagle Claw Tro-Kar (sp?) are awesome hooks if you want to go USA Made.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

Lee, I'll have every size and style if you just want to fish out of my box.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

If I run out or don't have the right size I will.  I have more hooks than Tim, thanks to Captain John Grabowski giving us hundreds of hooks on a 15 day trip, but a lot of them are too large for this trip.  In have 20/0 and bigger C hooks..... :o   I am going to ring some cheep Mustads for the trip too.

Mark Twain