Old Lamiglas blank

Started by droppedit, March 16, 2017, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

droppedit

I was re-wrapping and doing some changes to a Neptuna for a friend. The handle was to be made longer so I cut off the old hypalon grip and found this decal underneath. I've seen some Lami decals with the rod arc'd  over the logo but never a straight one with the line going into the "L". Not enough info and clarity to get the complete number of the blank. It was obviously cut and and the top part into the ferrule and the bottom into the butt. I'm just curious to get an approximate date on when this blank was made. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

droppedit

I never did get a close date to when the blank was made but that really doesn't matter. I finished it up and we decided to go with an epoxy finish instead of varnish. The rod will be used in a few weeks with hopes of putting a limit of haddock in the cooler. I'd love to see it bend with a nice sized cod on it ;)

Dave

Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

handi2

Beautiful job. Super cool too!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sdlehr

Well done, Dave! It looks really good!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tightlines667

Yep...
That turned out beautiful. 
Cool project!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Wow! terrific work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Wow, looks better than new. You have the midas touch with neptunas. Was wondering what kind of guides those are with that high arching frame.The arch in the tip braces is a nice touch too. Thanks for posting. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

Dave

You have always done TOP SHELF WORK. We have met at Eastman's.

How is the farm doing??

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Beautiful work. Such a classic look.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

droppedit

Thanks for the good words. I really love working on these old units and it amazes me how sometimes simple can be way more complicated.The guides are from Anglers Workshop, the house brand guides. I've found them to have a little more steel in them and the welds seem to be stronger. I'm trying to get a few more rods finished up before I change hats and become a farmer again for the season. I should have a couple more to post in the next week or 2.

Dave

Donnyboat

Really nice Dave, I managed to get Wallacetw- wallace brown`s rod making gear, as Wallace is not in the best of health, and his eyes are not good enough to do rod work any more, he was a full time rod maker for 20 pluss years, my first shot @ binding runners on an old rod I have, is know where near your work, well done, good set up, love it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

54bullseye

Super Job Dave !  I can't wait to bend it but I will give you first chance as you should take it out for Red Fish next week then let me know if it's any good !!  Randy Pauly if you see this that is one of the cradles and rods I bought from you that had no reel and guides were corroded and Dave went right at it. Great job and you do have the Nep-Tuna wraps and colors down about as close as your going to get !    John Taylor