Newell 300 Series Aluminum Side Plates - SOLD OUT

Started by Bryan Young, March 16, 2016, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Compared spec weight of 16.9 oz to aluminum side plates with tiburon frame was 19.6 oz. that's 2.5 oz differences. Minimal considering.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

We can add green in the color mix.  I have made the minimum quantity for green.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

shoyupoke

Can I get 2 sets in black please.

Bryan Young

Gocha DaBigOno and ShoyuPoke.

Add Ice Blue in the mix of colors

So available colors will be Black, Silver, Green (+$10) and ice blue (+10).

redfish12

Bryan Young

Not at the moment. I rarely see 200series with cracked side plates.

Puhi

Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 17, 2016, 05:24:57 AM
I think these would be a big hit here in Hawaii with the slide bait crowd, if offered in 500 size.  Those plates look beautiful.  Any idea on exactly what the weight difference will be on a finished reel?

X2!!!!!
Will the plates come with it's own set of screws or do you need to use the factory screws? Same threads and pitch?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Reel 224 on March 20, 2016, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on March 20, 2016, 04:05:42 PM
Not at the moment. I rarely see 200series with cracked side plates.

I asked the question about the Penn Surfmaster 200 when I first started in reel upgrades and I got shot down by " They are not that Popular to do side plates" :( :'( So much for the Penn 200s too ;D

Joe
Hi Joe,

I understand your frustration. It cost a lot of time and money do do these projects, both of which we have either of.  I wish we could accommodate every request, but we just can't.

Bryan

Bryan Young

Quote from: Puhi on March 20, 2016, 05:12:07 PM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on March 17, 2016, 05:24:57 AM
I think these would be a big hit here in Hawaii with the slide bait crowd, if offered in 500 size.  Those plates look beautiful.  Any idea on exactly what the weight difference will be on a finished reel?

X2!!!!!
Will the plates come with it's own set of screws or do you need to use the factory screws? Same threads and pitch?

All kits will come with screw with same threads and pitch. You could use factory screws if you wish.

Puhi

Are 400/500 series planned in the future?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Puhi on March 20, 2016, 06:01:18 PM
Are 400/500 series planned in the future?
Yes.  500 first. Then 400.

Frank

Two in polished silver please.

Thanks,
Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Bulldawg

One in black please.

Thanks Jan.

honu227

HI BRYAN

DO YOU KNOW IF AND WHEN CORTEZ WILL PRODUCE SIDE PLATES FOR 400/500 SERIES NEWELLS?

TONY