Newell 300 Series Aluminum Side Plates - SOLD OUT

Started by Bryan Young, March 16, 2016, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Just received my PayPal invoice notification email. Payment sent.

Just a heads up. The email title is "Ultimate Upgrade via PayPal". I thought it was spam and almost deleted it. Might want to change it to Newell Ultimate Upgrade via PayPal.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Bryan Young

Thanks Frank.

Note that plates may not align with Blackie bridges. I need to check against a Blackie side plate again.  I may need to do an adjustment and another run for blackies only.

If you ordered a set for your Blackie and want to return it, please send it back and I'll gladly refund your money plus shipping back to me as I had mailed it out to you.

Thank you,
Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

shoyupoke

Brian having issues with plates. When I tighten bridge screws gear sleeve seems to be binding. Any suggestions?

Bryan Young

Screw sizes are as follows:

Jack Lever Screws - 0.050" hexagon
Frame Screws - 3/32" hexagon
Bridge Screws - 7/64" hexagon
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Quote from: shoyupoke on August 10, 2016, 12:52:49 AM
Brian having issues with plates. When I tighten bridge screws gear sleeve seems to be binding. Any suggestions?
The bridge plate holes need to sit on the posts of the side plate. Then the spacer needs to fit loosely between the side plate and the gear sleeve. I suspect that the spacer diameter may need to be turned down a little or alignment is slightly off. Please post pics will help me diagnosis the problem. Mahalo.

shoyupoke

Brian it seems like if i tighten drag the problem goes away. could the bellevue washer be rubbing on plate. perhaps my drag washers too thick? as soon as i slack drag it binds again

reel man

Finished up my first conversion to the new side plates.  The reel used was a 332 that was narrowed down to 2" with the 5 stack drag stack.  Had to throw a little paint on the handle, star, reel base & clamp, and the support posts (bars).  Hope it meets your approval.

Bryan Young

thorhammer

Joe that's one sweet motor.

John

Bryan Young

My kids helped me put the kits together and kept things separated. It was two folds, I could quickly QA their work and to make sure we had sufficient parts.

Bulldawg

Went to see Newell Savant Mikey Bluefish today. Upgraded my S332 with black side plates.

I need to learn to post pictures. The result is Dope, like butter.

Thanks Mike!

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: David Hall on August 01, 2016, 01:10:34 PM
Those came out beautiful, but I don't have a single Newell reel? 
I feel your pain David. Anything Tom makes is top Notch, but I haven't a Single Newell either.
I'm too busy buying Bohemoths from Italy.
You did good on this Bryan.
Kudos to you Brother.
Nice looking reels guys. ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Thank you everyone. And thanks to Cortez Conversations for producing a wonderful product for me to offer.

Inventory count are as follows.

3 black kits available
6 silver kits available
18 green kits available
11 ice blue kits available

Colors will be first come first serve by emailing me at 1UltimateUpgrade1@gmail.com.

Thank you for your support.

Bryan

bigggfish

OK, Finished up the Family.  Only had minor problems with two bridge plate screws.  Everything else were perfect fits and the free spools are long and true.