Newell 300 Series Aluminum Side Plates - SOLD OUT

Started by Bryan Young, March 16, 2016, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Beautiful.  Funny, I placed mine demo reel in a safe place...it's so safe, I cannot find it.  I think I spood it with 65# braid to take it on the SOA trip for people to use...I have a few more months... to look for it...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

uluakacha

Bryan Young

Quote from: uluakacha on March 20, 2017, 05:17:42 PM
Do you have any sideplates available?
Not at the moment. Others projects going on right now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reel man

Bryan, do you want me to bring a couple of my green ones?

Bryan Young

Quote from: reel man on March 20, 2017, 09:04:52 PM
Bryan, do you want me to bring a couple of my green ones?
It depends on where we will be fishing and only if you want to and don't mind loaning it out for people to use.

Marco450r

Hi Bryan do you still have these sideplates available Thanks

RowdyW

Bryan Young

Quote from: Marco450r on April 16, 2019, 11:52:29 PM

Marco, they are currently sold out but Version 2 are at the polishers before anodization.  I'm anticipating a few to several weeks before they are ready.  Bryan

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young

Quote from: Swami805 on April 17, 2019, 02:01:22 AM
Any plans to do 500 plates Bryan?

500 series are still on the design table. Trying to figure out the larger gear and how we intend to House it. We may be like Accurates by providing a stainless or aluminum gear plate. I prefer not to though. I want it as simple as possible, but it's a little bit harder to hide the gear since we don't use the Newell inner rings.

Swami805

Looking at it I see what you're saying. Pretty clever the piece for the shift lever on the other ones, not much space down at the bottom though. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Marco450r

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 17, 2019, 01:09:33 AM
Quote from: Marco450r on April 16, 2019, 11:52:29 PM

Marco, they are currently sold out but Version 2 are at the polishers before anodization.  I'm anticipating a few to several weeks before they are ready.  Bryan
oh cool cant wait to see them Thanks Bryan

Bryan Young

Version 2 is identical to Version 1 except of the shift lever cover design.  Originally, the cover was designed with 2 small screws to hold the shift cover.

The new Shift cover looks like this.

Those little screws, although looks nice and works well, are easily lost and believe the new design is cleaner and smoother design in the inside where the line may contact the parts.

Newell Nut

That new plate design is the ticket. Looks great.
Dwight

Syncopized