All American titanium roller guides

Started by mikeysm, March 23, 2016, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike1010

One of the great things about alantani.com is that most people who post here take care to avoid the unintended slight that easily slips into a hastily written note.  That care is not characteristic of BD.

Mike

mikeysm

Here is a picture of the guides and butt I am using. Yes they are titanium guides .  The blank is a GF7465-H
Mike

Lowprofile

You finish this rod yet? Looking forward to pics of it done.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mikeysm

Not yet I am waiting for the rod builder to recover from knee surgery. It will be a few more weeks he told me. Everthing takes time and I have all the parts. I'll let you know in a few weeks.

Mike

Lowprofile

Oh, I thought you were building it. Who's the builder?

mikeysm

I can do allot of things but I leave the rod building to the experts. I found a guy in Madera California with years of experience. He's a transplant from Southern ca. I am going to do another rod with a calstar 30-80lb blank also using All American spiral roller guides shown below. Here in the valley rod builders are hard to find. Everthing is sent out. So I wouldn't have a input on the build and hope the rod turns out what I want. Most likely not and that would be an expensive mistake. So I can wait until the builder is able to recover from knee surgery.

Mike