Electronics...I need some help

Started by hippie, March 23, 2016, 10:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippie

I have about 100 waypoints with coordinates on scratch paper. I have a Garmin 541s chartplotter/GPS. I want to enter the waypoints into the Garmin without sitting in my boat for numerous hours doing so. Can anyone recommend a free program that is very, very elementary and has good, simple directions as I am "computer illiterate"?  Thanking you in advance, Bob

David Hall

What I do is take my piece of paper on the boat, go to the coordinates on my list and when I get there, hit MOB 2X and create the waypoint on the harming.
Only other way is manually entering them, and that takes fricken foreeeeeeevveeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!
Wish I knew an easier way but I don't.

Tightlines667

It's been awhile since I have played around with this stuff.  You may want to just give Garminwaypoint a call and ask for recommended, compatible software for pushing way points from your computer to your device. 

There should be several options, but I would try
-MapSourceĀ® Trip and Waypoint Manager

First.

Good luck!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

antonio amaral

willybendit

Hi  guys  not been on for a while   on my smaller boat ive a Garmin  2006c    and on my  new bigger boat ive just  Fitted it with  all Lowrance   Electrics    H D S  Gen 3 7 & 9     Link 8   all linked using the Nmea 2000 System   even the engine  Suzuki DF140  is linked up     is there a way i can  transfer the  Coordinates  from the garmin to a S/D card  that fits into the  H D S  units   i have Garmin map source  on my computer  and the  the  transformer  so that i can transfer  waypoints  from the 2006c  to the computer  and vice versa      do i just need a card reader  and a blank  S D  card ?   tight lines  Alain

day0ne

Garmin Homeport is a free download from Garmin. It lets you do everything on your computer.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter