reels

Started by Tackleberry, March 31, 2016, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tackleberry

gday all after reading all the info on the TLD15 i had trouble with and fixed (thanks for the TLD tutorial alan)

i went looking around and found all the info on the charter special now i new about the 2000 as i have one

but didn't know about the 1000 (yeah i know i must live under a rock in the marianas trench haha) and what

a sweet reel now i can't wait till i have the money for my new boat sorted so i can get out and get it screaming

the reel just fits in the palm of my hand a lot better than the 2000 heres a pic of them both .

cheers Darren

alantani

i have a really nice handle made of stainless steel and delron that would look great on these.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Rancanfish

And I have an original box for the 2000 I found in my cabinet.  I apparently owned one at one time.  ;D

Edit:  You can have it Tackleberry.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Tackleberry

Quote from: alantani on March 31, 2016, 03:56:56 PM
i have a really nice handle made of stainless steel and delron that would look great on these.   ;D

thanks Alan but moneys a bit tight here ATM as i'm selling and saving for my boat

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 31, 2016, 04:48:35 PM
And I have an original box for the 2000 I found in my cabinet.  I apparently owned one at one time.  ;D

thanks for the offer but I'm in aus and i keep all my box's i still have my old diawa GS9 box's

cheers D

handi2

The 1000 is a great size. I used mine a lot until someone talked me out of it. I still have the 2000.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Marcq

Quote from: handi2 on March 31, 2016, 11:37:37 PM
I used mine a lot until someone talked me out of it.
Why? I was looking for one, I think that's a great size, le passe partout

Marc..

Tackleberry

wow i should never go to the pound , have a look at what followed me home today (my name is Darren and i have a problem) ;D

Rancanfish

Nice.  I always liked those 1000's.  Never bought one.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

handi2

Here area couple of pictures of the 200-G with Alan Tani's SS handle arm. That tiny handle had to go on my reel.

Also the 2000 with the aluminum frame and a TLD 15 handle.

Gulf Breeze, FL

Tackleberry

Quote from: Rancanfish on March 31, 2016, 04:48:35 PM
And I have an original box for the 2000 I found in my cabinet.  I apparently owned one at one time.  ;D

now speaking of old box's hears a blast from the past an old shimano ML2 box just so happens

to have my old reel in it as well  ;D

Bryan Young

Does anyone know if the frames work with the star drag reels as well?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handi2

Bryan I just checked and they will not work with the star drag reels.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tackleberry

well i will now get the chance to use my new 1000s as i now have rods to suit and a small boat as well

it's just 4.2 meters or just under 14' with a HONDA 40HP will be going out to the 6 mile reef some time

in the next week as the seas are relatively lite ATM so i hope lady luck is with me .

thorhammer

Good luck brother!  Nice sled, get some blood on it with those 1000's!!! A striper guide friend of mine loves those for live baiting.

John

spc7669

The TR200 was the first upgrade/service I ever did. Super easy reel to work on. Here's mine with one of Dawn's round knobs and handle blanks.