Board organization

Started by sdlehr, April 03, 2016, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdlehr

Welcome. This board has been created for those who wish to discuss Penn history and how it is reflected in the reels they made - from model to model as well as within a model from year to year. What I envision are posts with photos and descriptions followed by discussion of the features and the dates these features were present, with the end goal being to narrow down the year of manufacture of each reel.

Hopefully you will find the information you are looking for here. Feel free to set up new threads as I am sure I have not been all-inclusive. Questions should be related to the history of the model and the determination of the year of manufacture based on the details described and pictured in the reels under discussion. There are other boards that deal with hot-rodding, maintaining and general information not related to how the reel fits into the Penn historical picture, and posts regarding those questions are best posted in those other threads dedicated to those purposes.

Thanks.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

foakes

Just wanted to Thank Sid for this organization of the Vintage Penns on our Board.

Sometimes the effort involved goes unnoticed by casual observers and those looking for specific or interesting information --

It took a lot of thought and even more work -- and has come together very well.

As we go along, holes are being filled with good information from everyone who has questions about a particular Penn model reel.

Good discussions...

Plus, some of the World's foremost Penn experts -- like Mike, Ray, Ted, John, and others -- are freely and unselfishly sharing their wealths of knowledge.  Without their participation and input -- this endeavor would not be nearly as solid as it is.

We all become a little more knowledgeable.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Times two Fred! I'm a fan of modern equipment...use a lot of it. I'm an even bigger fan of hopping up vintage gear to compete with the modern. But I have to say my biggest love is the bone stock oldies...and until I joined this site I had more questions than a three year old at the zoo! All the info shared here is greatly appreciated!  8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sdlehr

Quote from: foakes on August 02, 2016, 03:04:16 PM
Just wanted to Thank Sid for this organization of the Vintage Penns on our Board.
Best,

Fred
;D
Sid Lehr

Penn Chronology

Thanks Sid. The discussions help sort out the information.

sdlehr

Quote from: Penn Chronology on August 03, 2016, 05:09:54 AM
Thanks Sid. The discussions help sort out the information.
Exactly why I created it...
Sid
Sid Lehr