60, 60-LH Long Beach

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I haven't nabbed any new LB60s lately, scored a nice 259 for $25 a few days ago. I've been watching for those colored spools...the tan and white...I love the odd colored spools. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

Looked through around 85 old Penns early this morning, that have not been gone through yet.

Found this old LB60 that I did not know was at the bottom of a crate.

No part numbers --

Guess I looked at it at one time -- but must have thought it was a DelMar 285.

Just stopped for lunch -- heading back out to do more timber.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basto

Hi Fred
Should it not have an inner tail plate ring?
Greg
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Maxed Out

Quote from: basto on October 27, 2017, 09:43:15 PM
Hi Fred
Should it not have an inner tail plate ring?
Greg

Yes Fred, I noticed the wrong tail plate....I have one I'll send you if you would like to make it back to original again.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Thanks Greg --

Yeah, it is the wrong tailplate.

Thank You also, Ted -- but I have should have plenty of those LB tailplates.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Maxed Out

Got back from a fishing trip and a crusty old long beach 60 was sitting in a box on my porch. Oh yeah, now I remember buying it a few weeks back for about $55 total. I overpaid, but sometimes my passion over-rides common sense. The seller was very slow at getting it shipped.

....anyways, it cleaned up just fine and 100% original circa 1941/42. The clamp seat is a big bonus, especially so because of the nice condition. To the shelf it goes !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

Yea! another shelfie.  Nice one too.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

AC49

That crusty sure cleaned up like new Ted  :o :o
Great job !!

Regards
AC49

milne

Hi Ted, That is a nice score, and I luv that reel seat.
       Definitely shelf bound with that one........

Col

Crow

I just "won" (or maybe it WASN'T a win :P) a "bunch 'o reels".....one of those "for parts or repair" listings...the pictures pretty well suck, but, I *think" one of them is a LB60...with the drilled stand. No spool, no handle, but,it was the stand that caught my eye. Another is an "older" 49....no spool....but the spool SHAFT is in place, so the "plastic" must have exploded, long ago....this is another package I'm anxious to get ! I'm *hoping* my old eyes didn't deceive me ???!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Penn Chronology

QuoteI just "won" (or maybe it WASN'T a win ) a "bunch 'o reels".....one of those "for parts or repair" listings...the pictures pretty well suck, but, I *think" one of them is a LB60...with the drilled stand. No spool, no handle, but,it was the stand that caught my eye. Another is an "older" 49....no spool....but the spool SHAFT is in place, so the "plastic" must have exploded, long ago....this is another package I'm anxious to get ! I'm *hoping* my old eyes didn't deceive me !

I once bought a lot of about ten Penn reels for $200 on eBay. Ray Hodges pointed out the bunch to me. He told me to look carefully at what was in the mix. I did and saw what he was talking about. Bought the bunch for $200. Picked out one reel and resold the rest, got my $200 back. This was the reel I kept at no cost to me, thanks to Ray Hodges. I always like buying a bundle of stuff.

milne

Wow, what a great find Mike !  The jewel in the pile...
Haven't been surprised by a bulk purchase like that before, but did pick up a pre war in a pile of reels at a "trash and treasure" weekend sale
a month or too ago, it was in amongst about 50 old spinning reels I was sifting thru,, my wife thought I was having a " turn " when I pulled it out.

Here's hoping for you Crow, anything like what Mike snared, would make it a great bulk buy !!
Looking forward to seeing the Pic's when they arrive

Col