Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Penn Chronology

QuoteThanks to Mike's book we now have knowledge to do things era correct

Thank you Ted!

Crow

I just received my copy ! Been too busy for a "read', but a "scan" tells me there's lots to learn, inside !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Crow

Well, thanks to Fred, and Ted.....it's a "done deal"!!!  It's not a "pristine example", but it's not bad.....for something this old !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tightlines667

Nice reel!

That's a better example than the one in my case.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Deepennz

Hi Crow,

Well done!! (and Ted and Fred!!)
Now that is a reel to be proud of - that old girl looks positively radiant!!

Cheers
Martin

AC49

Well done Crow she sure looks the part  ;)

Regards
AC49

Cuttyhunker

It appears there is no yardage stamping on the foot, did that come later or am I just missing it with old eyes?
Thanks
Doomed from childhood

Maxed Out

Great job Crow. Happy to see the brown spool in its proper place.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Lookin' good Crow. Ted always helps  make these reels right...while surprising one with bonus goodies! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

CapeFish

There is a 49a with a black torpedo handle for sale at our local pawn shop for R249 = +- $17, it looks in pretty good nick. Is that a good price? I am not sure if anyone here would be interested in it, will have to ship it from South Africa. I unfortunately forgot to take a photo of it. Let me know.
Cheers,
Leon

broadway

Buy it! You won't find much cheaper than that.
Dom

CapeFish

I really don't want it I am not a reel collector I only buy reels I fish with. But I do know many people here will appreciate it. Good to know it is a good price

Penn Chronology

QuoteInsert Quote
There is a 49a with a black torpedo handle for sale at our local pawn shop for R249 = +- $17, it looks in pretty good nick. Is that a good price? I am not sure if anyone here would be interested in it, will have to ship it from South Africa. I unfortunately forgot to take a photo of it. Let me know.
Cheers,
Leon

Do you know if the "A" marking is molded into the logo on the head plate, like this? If it is I would be interested.

CapeFish

I will try and check again this week and also find out about shipping. I have already one person very keen on it. The 49a marking is the rarer one? They do seem to be getting scarcer the 49's. Our other junk shop has got two 49s at the moment but no 49a for some time.