Senator 110 (1/0)

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

Quote from: festus on May 02, 2018, 03:03:58 AM
I understand the 2/0 is the same size as the 85, 285, and LB 60.

Which of the less expensive reels are same size as the 110-1/0 or have interchangable parts?

Yes, what Swami805 said is correct, but the 501 has Jigmaster end-plates and internals which are different from the 110. The 501's drag is bigger, (and not sure if it's any cheaper).

basto

Which of the less expensive reels are same size as the 110-1/0 or have interchangable parts? 

99 and 259
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Alto Mare

Quote from: nelz on May 02, 2018, 02:16:15 AM
Ok, be honest... too blingy???  ::)

Not at all, it looks sweet!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

nelz

Thanks y'all. I've always liked how Blue/ORANGE go together but it can be a little gaudy, lol.  8)

Btw, just an FYI, the PRO Challenger spool does narrow the 110 quite a bit. The original chrome spool holds alot more line. Not an issue for my intended purposes though. But they sure do come in some nice colors!

broadway

You a Mets fan? Nice color combo, but that knob looks like it may be a bit uncomfortable.  You don;t see many dressed up 1/0's and God knows I love me some 1/0's!
Sweet reel,
Dom

festus

Quote from: nelz on May 02, 2018, 03:45:01 PM
Thanks y'all. I've always liked how Blue/ORANGE go together but it can be a little gaudy, lol.  8)

Btw, just an FYI, the PRO Challenger spool does narrow the 110 quite a bit. The original chrome spool holds alot more line. Not an issue for my intended purposes though. But they sure do come in some nice colors!

Florida fan, no doubt.    ;D Cool looking reel, would be nice in orange and black, that's my high school alma mater's colors.  ;)

nelz

nelz

Quote from: broadway on May 02, 2018, 10:57:52 PMYou a Mets fan? Nice color combo, but that knob looks like it may be a bit uncomfortable.  You don;t see many dressed up 1/0's and God knows I love me some 1/0's!
Sweet reel,
Dom

Nope, not into baseball at all. The knob worked out well, much better than the stock knob which I found very uncomfortable. Plus it has 2 ball bearings.  ;D

nelz

Well the weather's been stormy and I decided to do the next customization on this reel today. It's something I've been wanting to do ever since I got the aluminum spool and realized casting didn't improve as much as I had hoped. Although I bought this reel mainly for just drop down bottom fishing, I've had several occasions when casting was called for, and it did not turn out well.  :-\

So... what I had in mind to do next was add magnetic cast control. Today I got around to it. I crazy-glued in two small neodymium magnets into the sideplate and covered them with epoxy to prevent corrosion. These little magnets will corrode very badly in the salt without protection.

Well, it's not adjustable, but it should do the trick, we'll see. Pics are before they were epoxy coated:

xjchad

Nice! That otta be just the ticket!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

mike1010

Quote from: nelz on May 02, 2018, 03:55:06 AM

Yes, what Swami805 said is correct, but the 501 has Jigmaster end-plates and internals which are different from the 110. The 501's drag is bigger, (and not sure if it's any cheaper).

FWIW, the 110 pinion and main gears are the same as the SurfMaster's.

nelz

Anybody ever seen one like this? Plastic spool? It sold on eBay in a few minutes (bet somebody here bought it).  ;D

RowdyW

Whoever put it together didn't know know how to assemble that reel by putting the eccentric lever on backwards.

nelz

Quote from: RowdyW on December 02, 2019, 04:01:36 PMWhoever put it together didn't know know how to assemble that reel by putting the eccentric lever on backwards.

True but it looks like a collectible oddity. It has no part numbers, a plain counter-weight, and a spool I've never seen on a 1/0. I was tempted to buy it but am trying to cut down.  ::)

1badf350

I saw it and I do not think that is a plastic spool. It looks either unplated or the original plating is gone.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"