Senator 110 (1/0)

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Quote from: 1badf350 on December 02, 2019, 04:33:20 PM
I saw it and I do not think that is a plastic spool.

I zoomed on the pics and you can see corrosion on it.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

No member here bought that,,,, :D my girlfriend did,,,, ;) hehe,,,,,I think it might be aluminum spool,,,,, ;D

broadway

I saw it as well, and passed only because I have a few already.  It was priced fairly well, so I don't think your girl did to bad.  It should clean up nicely.
That being said, if the spool has a "coating" of some kind on it that can't be removed then it'll cost ya a few bucks for original. I suspect it will clean up and is just superficial.
The reel is a 40's model for sure.  Mo, is correct, the corrosion is there so it's not a plastic spool.
Take some before and after photos... I think that reel will look completely different if you can put the "Mo Treatment" on it. ;)
Best,
Dom

Dominick

It looks like Mo is getting the "Mo Treatment" reputation.  Way to go Mo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mo65

Quote from: broadway on December 02, 2019, 06:00:43 PM
I think that reel will look completely different if you can put the "Mo Treatment" on it. ;)
Best,
Dom

The "Mo Treatment"...hee hee...good one fellas! I think Dom is right though, this reel has the potential to look very good. Maybe some less corroded posts, and hit the rings and stand with Brasso. Polishing with Brasso makes those little yellow spots look more silvery...it can really help the appearance. 8)

Benni3

Quote from: broadway on December 02, 2019, 06:00:43 PM
I saw it as well, and passed only because I have a few already.  It was priced fairly well, so I don't think your girl did to bad.  It should clean up nicely.
That being said, if the spool has a "coating" of some kind on it that can't be removed then it'll cost ya a few bucks for original. I suspect it will clean up and is just superficial.
The reel is a 40's model for sure.  Mo, is correct, the corrosion is there so it's not a plastic spool.
Take some before and after photos... I think that reel will look completely different if you can put the "Mo Treatment" on it. ;)
Best,
Dom
thanks my friend,,,,,,  ;) the seller was out of Philadelphia,,, :D but I wonder who won the 286,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Quote from: mo65 on December 02, 2019, 06:16:51 PM
Polishing with Brasso makes those little yellow spots look more silvery...it can really help the appearance. 8)[/color]
He's the best, but there seems to be a lot of nuance to the Mo Treatment.  Now if he would explain how he lights his photos.
-steve

mo65

Quote from: oc1 on December 02, 2019, 07:23:02 PM
  Now if he would explain how he lights his photos.
-steve

I wish it was a more complex secret lighting Steve, it would add to my "guru" image. Unfortunately, like many of my other techniques, it's dumbfoundingly simple: Four 60 watt bulbs in the ceiling fan and the window blind opened. 8)

nelz

Quote from: Benni3 on December 02, 2019, 04:55:56 PMNo member here bought that,,,, :D my girlfriend did,,,, ;) hehe,,,,,I think it might be aluminum spool,,,,, ;D

Your girlfriend??? Does she collect or is it a Christmas present for someone she knows who does?  ::) So Benni, let us know the scoop on that spool.

I thought for sure Chris had bought it, lol.

Hey Mo, he looks just like you.  ;D

oc1

Quote from: mo65 on December 02, 2019, 07:39:26 PM
Four 60 watt bulbs in the ceiling fan and the window blind opened.
I knew it would be complicated.
-steve

Dominick

Quote from: oc1 on December 03, 2019, 04:45:21 AM
Quote from: mo65 on December 02, 2019, 07:39:26 PM
Four 60 watt bulbs in the ceiling fan and the window blind opened.
I knew it would be complicated.
-steve

;D ;D ;D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Just came in today,,,,, :D it's in ok shape not bad,,,, ;) but the two front posts and I think I got some,,,,, :) the spool looks like plane steel,,,,,,,, ;D

broadway

The seller must've been a professional photographer cause he didn't put a spotlight on that brassing like you have.
Get that line off, clean that spool up and show us.  Looks unplated from here, and hope the spool under the line looks as good as the visible portion of the spool.
Clean her up and see what ya got.
Best,
Dom

Maxed Out

I've had similar spools from this era, and they have some kind of thin clear coating on the spool. It seems to keep most the corrosion from happening
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

Quote from: broadway on December 05, 2019, 02:09:23 AM
The seller must've been a professional photographer cause he didn't put a spotlight on that brassing like you have.
Get that line off, clean that spool up and show us.  Looks unplated from here, and hope the spool under the line looks as good as the visible portion of the spool.
Clean her up and see what ya got.
Best,
Dom
I just pulled the line off and some of it broke off it was so old,,,, :) it's a three piece both sides looks great but the middle has corrosion,,,but no rust,,, ;) I'm socking with cleaning wax right now,,,,, ;D