160, 160M, 160L Light Tackle Casting/surf reel; Beachmaster

Started by sdlehr, April 07, 2016, 02:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

That's some dandy exacto knife work Steve...the ones I cut like that resembled stop signs! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

basto

Hi guys
I recently bought a 160 that was advertised as a 150. The only other description was that it is a very old reel.
Anyhow I was not disappointed with my 160. Just needed a new gear sleeve and a dog and dog spring. Oh, and drag washers and an eccentric lever.
I had some spare 155 parts which I used. I like the little 24-160 handle and the 29-150 spool.

It surprised me how nicely it turned and operated after all these years.
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

oc1

That's a really neat reel.  Old as heck, wood football knob, picture plate, the chrome is missing in all the right places to show good honest wear.  Certainly no offense to you Bastro, and my apologies to the NIB collectors, but that reel has a warmth and charm that you cannot get out of a box. 
-steve

Alto Mare

Nice reel Greg, I have a couple of Surfmasters with those plates, I really like them.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Quote from: oc1 on August 21, 2018, 09:12:40 AM
That's a really neat reel.  Old as heck, wood football knob, picture plate, the chrome is missing in all the right places to show good honest wear.  Certainly no offense to you Bastro, and my apologies to the NIB collectors, but that reel has a warmth and charm that you cannot get out of a box. 
-steve

Hi Steve
Yes, there is something about original that gets to me too.
Greg

basto

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 21, 2018, 09:30:58 AM
Nice reel Greg, I have a couple of Surfmasters with those plates, I really like them.

Sal

Hi Sal
Funny you should mention that. I was looking at the tailplate and comparing it to the one on my 155 and there are a couple of small differences.
cheers,
Greg

Reel 224

Quote from: thorhammer on December 06, 2016, 09:28:50 PM
Nice! I did this one a few weeks back; $5 at a pawn shop and a plate from Harry.

Nice pretty Red setup you have there....................................Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."