alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Penn Chronology
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 17, 2019, 09:30:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penn Chronology  (Read 8006 times)
sturat

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 08:36:32 AM »

Hello this is my first day on the site and i have figure out how to to use it , but anyway I have The Chronological History book and i love it . I have a model Penn K and am looking for a handle or a person that  could repin the wood knob back onto the handle that's on the reel. The hole looks a little too big for the pin , Have  a great day !
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 03:53:36 PM »

Welcome sturat. Very interested in what you've got there. Can you post pictures?

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 10:01:01 PM »

Hello this is my first day on the site and i have figure out how to to use it , but anyway I have The Chronological History book and i love it . I have a model Penn K and am looking for a handle or a person that  could repin the wood knob back onto the handle that's on the reel. The hole looks a little too big for the pin , Have  a great day !

Hello Sturat,

I am wondering which Model K you have, the star drag version or the non-star model?

I think you would be better off using a handle from another reel. I have had no luck with squeezing the rivet for the wood knob onto an old handle blade. I believe Penn had a special tool for that. The Model K handle was used on all the 1933 Penn reels and probably later than that on some models.

Wellcome to the website. You have joined the most dedicated and caring Think Tank for Penn products in the world.

And thank you for buying my book...………... Grin
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 10:02:31 PM by Penn Chronology » Logged
1badf350
Firearms Group

-Chris

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 11:31:56 PM »

Mike he has the star drag from Rays estate. I think maybe John Elder or Sal can help him. I sent him a PM yesterday with Johns contact info
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:38:55 PM by 1badf350 » Logged

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 10:30:38 PM »

Mike he has the star drag from Rays estate. I think maybe John Elder or Sal can help him. I sent him a PM yesterday with Johns contact info

OK, sounds reasonable. John can do most anything.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: