BX400 DPX2 Dawg - antireverse not 100% when in low gear, any ideas?

Started by Jon_Kol, April 11, 2016, 06:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

Hi!

I'm doing a service on a BX400 DPX2 Dawg, where the handle has a tendency to slip backwards quite random. Strange thing is, this seems to happen mostly when the reel is engaged in the low gear. When using the high gear, the handle seems sturdy and does not slip.

I've cleaned out the 3 x dogs, and added some grease to the springs upon re-install of the dogs and the main gear. Can it be that this grease is enough to prevent the dogs from getting a proper grip? I can't see anything wrong, except for one of the springs that looks a tad stretched.

Any suggestions? I've got pictures if that will help. I re-installed the dogs the same way they were positioned when I opened the reel..

-Jon-

hafnor

How much is the handle slipping Jon? Clean the springs for grease and add light oil to them as they may gum up on grease. If the dogs arenĀ“t engaging, you may want to add some stiffer springs...?

Gfish

Missed this relevant post 'till now(just got done servicing mine). I've the DPX2 600 model and the handle was getting a little rougher(more friction) ta crank. Cleaned the AR bearing and lubed it now it's about 1/2 better. I've added oil to external port which I assume's connected to the ARB, after fishing it, but it didn't seem to help. Does your's gotta ARB? Could it need servicing? Also I noticed the AR dogs were difficult to keep lined-up as I put gears n' shaft back in( there's 3 dogs in mine). Could one a your's not've set in there right and isn't engaging the cog?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!