International II 12lt

Started by Kolbein, March 19, 2024, 10:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbein

I think I Just got a an ok deal. Found a Penn International II 12lt for aprox 80usd.. the handle pices looks a bit banged so might need changing. Other things to look when servicing? Any known problems?  The serialnumber indicates produced in 98..

Best Kolbein
Norwegian Noob

JasonGotaProblem

You got a 2 speed for 80 bucks. That's a great deal.

Edit: yeah I was wrong about the 2 speed part
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Kolbein

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 19, 2024, 10:24:13 PMYou got a 2 speed for 80 bucks. That's a great deal.

Good to hear. Still havent got it in my hands, just bought online.  Hope the package has a reel in it, and not a brick😅😅
Norwegian Noob

alantani

there is a two speed conversion offered by cal sheets, but the stock 12LT is single speed.  either way, a great reel.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Kolbein

Quote from: alantani on March 19, 2024, 10:32:48 PMthere is a two speed conversion offered by cal sheets, but the stock 12LT is single speed.  either way, a great reel.
Thanks 😀
Norwegian Noob

thorhammer

Built like tanks. make sure thrust bearing is lubed. May have HT-100 donut at that vintage. Grease with drag grease, oil bearings, fish another 20 years. Note any Penn handle that fits Jigmaster size sleeve fits that reel; a 24-56 will work even better than stock, IMO. It has a bigger knob, two holes for adjustability and lot cheaper if the 12LT handle is even available. I replaced the strap clamps with Strikemaster aluminum clamps, but Penn Torque aluminum clamps are only a couple of bucks and are slotted for adjustability.

John

Swami805

I have one I still fish, cal did the 2 speed many moons ago. Tiburon topless frame is a good upgrade too if you can find one
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Squidder Bidder

The International 12 is a popular choice on the slightly lighter side for tuna chunking up here. Great reel. Enjoy!

Fishgolfman

Cal apparently no longer converts old penn internationals to 2speed. Only drag modifications on web site

Kolbein

Thanks for the input to all.  So in conclusion,  i have a great reel on the way, that wil hopefully be a good adition to my fishing 😀😀
Norwegian Noob

Kolbein

Just picked it out of my mailbox. the reels looks even better than i thought.  :D
Norwegian Noob

thorhammer

$80: that's felony theft for that reel. Great score, and has appropriate handle already.

Kolbein

Quote from: thorhammer on March 25, 2024, 12:15:27 PM$80: that's felony theft for that reel. Great score, and has appropriate handle already.

I actually feel a little bit bad, for paying only 80.. but..
Norwegian Noob

Keta

You and the seller agreed to $80, hopefuly they will be as happy as you are.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Kolbein

Norwegian Noob