501 Lee style via FRED

Started by theswimmer, April 14, 2016, 11:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

PJ , I have your reel.
However ,you may not get it back..........

What a beauty!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

anglingarchitect

foakes

Here is the reel made out of assorted spare parts, for PJ.

Alan's Gen 2, Bryan's 5 stack, SS guts, used Lee Pros, new spool and frame, power handle.

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

Quote from: theswimmer on April 14, 2016, 11:52:21 PM
PJ , I have your reel.
However ,you may not get it back..........

What a beauty!
Jonathan  since you like it so much and you got roped into delivering it to me from Fred I'll let you have first crack at giving it a couple test drops..... After I put it through its paces first of course ;D ;D

Here's a couple zoomed in pic...

Marcq

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

Man, that's a nice build! Nice color on those plates! Good luck getting some blood on it!

theswimmer

No prob PJ.
I would love to give it a go.
Reels got some sick freespool.....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Hope you guys give it a good go --

When you return, Jonathan -- I will have a SS OC style star to install for PJ, plus I will give it a post fishing once over, cleaning, and lubrication -- plus new line if needed.

Then I will send it to PJ in untouched, but fish tested condition.

So don't worry about the reel -- it should be fine with anyone who wants to give it a shot.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

Jonathan please feel free to put the reel through its paces for me but you have to share with anyone else who wants to try it too......

If the  jackpot winning fish is caught on my reel I expect half the prize ;D ;D ;D

pjstevko

Any actually fish this reel for me?

erikpowell

Boy that reel is gorgeous!
I was away when those plates came available..Drat
Anybody have an extra set of Toms jigmaster plates they could part with??  ..... Pretty Please!  ;D
pm me. ;)

foakes

Quote from: pjstevko on April 18, 2016, 09:19:40 PM

Your reel has not been fished yet -- Jonathan did not feel right about using it, so he brought it back to me before he left for Morro Bay.

Installed Adam's SS OC style star.

Will get it off to you sometime this week.

Will have to coordinate a trip to the Post Office when they are open -- and will be addressing trees every day likely through Thursday.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

pjstevko

Quote from: foakes on April 18, 2016, 11:07:36 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on April 18, 2016, 09:19:40 PM

Your reel has not been fished yet -- Jonathan did not feel right about using it, so he brought it back to me before he left for Morro Bay.

Installed Adam's SS OC style star.

Will get it off to you sometime this week.

Will have to coordinate a trip to the Post Office when they are open -- and will be addressing trees every day likely through Thursday.

Best,

Fred

Thanks for the update Fred. No need to rush it in the mail, I won't need it until the fall now  >:( >:( >:( >:(