Larger Bearing Packer - 1" to 1.5" and metric equivalence

Started by Bryan Young, February 28, 2011, 06:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in purchasing larger bearing packers for larger trolling reel bearings?

Yes
14 (82.4%)
No
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 30, 2011, 06:17:03 PM

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Alan, I may have some machine time this weekend, let me know...
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

tom, can i get you and bryan together?  i forget when bryan is leaving for hawaii.

Cortez_Conversions

Sure Bryan can give me a shout whenever he needs to! I got material in this morning, so I'll be knocking out a couple prototypes this weekend. Do you want the original packer enlarged to hold an 1-1/2" bearing, or a seperate unit that starts at 1-1/8" and goes up to 1-1/2"?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Bryan Young

Hi Tom,

Basically, if I can get them by Saturday, March 12, that would be great.

Can we get one or two of each (one for me to take to Hawaii and one for Alan to review).

I personally think that a separate unit may be the better way to go because swiching from a tiny bearing to a large bearing and back, we would have to scrape up a cup full of grease to get the small bearing to sit right or we may loose it in the grease.

Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cortez_Conversions

Hey Bryan/ Alan,
I made two sets, I'll get them over to Alans this week!

alantani

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

I don't know you personally, Tom , but I like the way you work... Quality and Fast!!!
Dom

Fishead

I would be in for that.I have a bunch of reels that have the larger bearings.Keep us posted,Thanks
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Bryan Young

Large Bearing Packers are in Hawaii. Will take pics and post when I get there of the prototypes.  Roy's Fishing Supply in Aiea has a bearing packer that I am interested in, and they may allow me to take pics and I will post them as well.

Bryan Young

Here are pics of the prototype bearing packers.

You may use the plug from the original bearing packer

broadway

Looking good!  Let us know when we can get our paws on 'em... will those delrin threads that screw onto the metal grease gun threads last?
Dom

Bryan Young

broadway

I know you said they're prototypes, but was just curious if you think the threads would last being delrin? 
Thanks
Dom