SALINA B.F DRAG UPDATE

Started by BMITCH, March 02, 2011, 11:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

My first time posting not sure if this is the right place??
I recently got a salina b.f. mod 55. I noticed that the top drag washers are the same outside dia. as the penn ht100 used in the jigmaster reels. the i.d. is way larger then the original felt washers, but i think the ht-100 to be superior. will this diff. on the i.d. adversley effect the drag??? I also saw that the drag washer under the spool (dual drag) has an o.d. of 51.40mm(2.025 in.) and an i.d. of 24mm(.950 in.). is there any ht-100 washer that can be mod. to use here? or how about some other lever drag washer ? any help or suggestions would be great
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

The drag size seem similar to my VS55 reel.  See http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1628.0.

The larger ID will not make that much of a difference.  

If you reel had spool bearings or bushings like mine, you may want to pack them with grease (bearing) or grease (bushings) before putting the drag washer back into the spool.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

THANKS!!!! I, will try the 6-25 for under the spool

Bryan Young

Note that I had to dremel out the center of the drag washer because the clicking mechanism located on the bottom of the spool.  Once I had bored the ID, I placed the washer on a socket and grinded down the OD on a bench grinder.  Alan has a posting on how to do it somewhere.  If he chimes in, he may know where it is. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

it's nothing special.  i have a set of metric and sae impact sockets.  i just rummage around until i find the best fit.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

I"m sorry,but I'm alittle confused. If I,m reading this right you are replacing both the metal washer and the ht-100 washer? I ran the part #6-25 in the penn cat. and found no ref. to it.Alan I emailed you for a ss sleeve for a penn 112h coarse thread. you may have already sent it, but if not do you have these drag washers available??? any help would be great!!!

Bryan Young

Replacing only felt washers with carbon fiber washers.  Hmm, the part number may have a leading 0.  It's the washer that is used in Penn's 25GLS.  
See https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6-25.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"