Drone fishing for Tuna

Started by conchydong, April 29, 2016, 05:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

This is the next advancement beyond the kite. Wind direction is irrelevant.

exp2000

Yeah, just shared this on facebook.

From the comments: This was filmed at Fingal Head NSW. This means that is Cook Island, my old stompin ground.

When I was very young, I used to live in my car and dive the coastline from dawn till dusk every other day.

I practically lived on fish and crayfish for two years :)

Sometimes I even used to tank up and swim out to the island. I know all of it's secrets ;)

Awesome video. Thanks for posting.
~

AndrewC

Great Idea. But what they don't tell you is the number of drones they lost before they found a brand of rubber band that broke before the drone got dragged into the depths
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Shark Hunter

Harry K sent me this. Very cool!
That stretch of beach is beautiful! ;D
Life is Good!

swill88

How do drones do in the wind?

A 10 knot wind?

Steve

Shark Hunter

That wind looks like it is kicking it in the Video.
I'm just not willing to sink that kind of money into a drone. They are expensive.
Sometimes my bait might weigh 10 pounds.
Life is Good!

oc1

Sometimes I fish a spot that is off the beach from where kids fly their mosquito drones.  My canoe is a sitting duck and none of them can resist buzzing it.  Wish I had a paintball gun. They are there when the wind is about 10 knots or less.
-steve

Shark Hunter

A paintball gun would definitely take them out. I have one and they are tons of fun. ;)
As long as you are not on the receiving end. A 300 fps paintball will raise a welp on you.
Life is Good!

exp2000

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 29, 2016, 07:41:12 PM
Harry K sent me this. Very cool!
That stretch of beach is beautiful! ;D

Fingal heads was a quiet little out of the way holiday camp back in the old days but there were always some people there till one day "Jaws" aired at the local cinema. For two weeks we had the whole beach to ourselves lol.

One thing I will always remember is a few guys in  home built wooden kayaks pulling up snapper in the channel. Must have taken a lot of time to build them because these craft were magnificent works of art!
~