Rookie mistakes

Started by anglingarchitect, April 30, 2016, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

Long time ago I bought some parts for 113H upgrades including a narrow Tib Frame and ss sleeve, ss gear set and 7 stack drag kit, ss dog, and ss yoke. first Alan Tani upgraded one and Sal did 3 others. I have been waiting impatiently for the ss double dog bridge and when my Toms plates came, I got smooth plates and a lipped frame, rats. thought the frame was old style but I guess not.

I will post some pictures soon.

These plates are beautiful.

Bill B

Let us know how it all works out.....thanks for the update....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

David Hall

Pretty sure I will get caught by the same mistake.

anglingarchitect

Mates up nice with stock plates, not so much the beautiful Tom's plates I purchased. Anybody get old style that needs new style tib frame plates?

Nice pristine inside rings for anybody doing a restoration.

thorhammer

Dude, it took me about a week getting schooled by Tom and Randy to get situated, and when I finally did it looked nothing like what I thought my original order was going to be....basically I was about 180 degrees off course!!!

Bryan Young

Send Tom an email.  If he has one in stock, he may be open to an exchange.  Cannot hurt to ask.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rancanfish

What do you need for the inside rings?  Mine are pitted. 

PM me if you are moving them.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

anglingarchitect

Whatever you are willing to give, I have no knowledge of prices for penn parts.

anglingarchitect

Well like most problems if you throw a little money at it it gets solved. Randy from vintage offshore tackle had some Accuframes/ spools that worked with Toms plates, so for what I thought was a reasonable sum, problem solved.

Now just waiting for my AT ss dd bridges (I hope my build will be worthy of a couple of progress pics then), I can start on the first of my 2 trio of 113H Tanks. Alan and Sal did my first Trio of 2JVariance and 1Accurate/Penn.

Mark

thorhammer

Pics, dawg, or it dint happen :) 

anglingarchitect

My Three SSDD Bridges came yesterday so no excuses now they are underway but at work now trying to make some money, and checking out my paypal damage.

anglingarchitect

anglingarchitect

The Tiberon Frame matches the red plates much better than the Accuframe.

Shark Hunter

I like the two tone look.
Life is Good!