Rods

Started by Keta, May 20, 2016, 07:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

You guys crack me up! All you need is a 30# rental rod with a broken rod clamp and a handle that keeps falling off, to catch fish 90 percent of the time. If someone tries to loan you their gear, they're just messing with you, probably the line is cut 150 yards in. Back away slowly and avoid these people at all costs!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Hamachi on May 29, 2016, 11:14:05 PM
You guys crack me up! All you need is a 30# rental rod with a broken rod clamp and a handle that keeps falling off, to catch fish 90 percent of the time. If someone tries to loan you their gear, they're just messing with you, probably the line is cut 150 yards in. Back away slowly and avoid these people at all costs!

I'm fishing with you Warren...With my broken down piece meal, borrowed junk...I hope you will help me in a crisis  ;D ;D ;D Can't wait.

BT

Keta

I'll loan you a rod Tim.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Keta on May 30, 2016, 01:25:26 AM
I'll loan you a rod Tim.

I'm OK Lee unless we go Big...Got 2 loaner reels to go with my extra rods, so I should be good!

BT

swill88

love sarcasm ... love humor... but it seems a bit mean here...

steve

Keta

Quote from: Big Tim on May 30, 2016, 01:37:21 AM
Quote from: Keta on May 30, 2016, 01:25:26 AM
I'll loan you a rod Tim.

I'm OK Lee unless we go Big...Got 2 loaner reels to go with my extra rods, so I should be good!

BT

Pushing your leg Tim.

Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on May 30, 2016, 02:00:38 AM

steve

Steve I hope you don't mean me ? I have always put the #### in sarcasstic! I mean nothing more by it thana big Fat Tim Smile  ;D I'm covered & if I'm not I'll drink and take pics.

BT

Keta

I am going to be optimistic and still bring mostly YT gear.

Mark Twain

swill88

Quote from: Big Tim on May 30, 2016, 02:06:07 AM

steve

Steve I hope you don't mean me ? I have always put the #### in sarcasstic! I mean nothing more by it thana big Fat Tim Smile  ;D I'm covered & if I'm not I'll drink and take pics.

BT

not you Tim... or  anyone in particular...

just seems to be a bit of piling on a offput post from a valuable contributor

Big Tim

Quote from: swill88 on May 30, 2016, 02:26:31 AM
Quote from: Big Tim on May 30, 2016, 02:06:07 AM

steve

Steve I hope you don't mean me ? I have always put the #### in sarcasstic! I mean nothing more by it thana big Fat Tim Smile  ;D I'm covered & if I'm not I'll drink and take pics.

BT

Very KOOL on my part...After the SOA let's do another Morro Bay gig Steve???  ;D Please..I will tackle down Alan for a date.

BT

not you Tim... or  anyone in particular...

just seems to be a bit of piling on a offput post from a valuable contributor

Hamachi

We all have to be a little thick skinned around here anyways. Intended or not, it's sometimes easy to take things the wrong way, intended or not. We might be fishing with y'all next year anyway, but this year, like last year you get 10 spots in the rack for your rods, any more and they're stored forward of everyone else. If you guess wrong or have a couple of failures, you could be left scrambling, unless of course you're the Southern California angler, in which you should come out and spread your wisdom with all of us. Sure, some of my rods just go for a boat ride, but it's better to have it and not need it, than to not have it. If you're really dialed in you may need less but most of us aren't Southern California anglers, so we prepare for what if. I've always been a minimalist when it comes to gear, and I'll be honest, I've been burned a few times thinking I knew what to expect. Put your money where your mouth is and come on out next year, we're probably friends, we just don't know it yet.
                           Warren
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

MarkT

I've found that there are no strangers on fishing boats, just friends I haven't met yet.

I tend to be a maximist rather than a minimalist yet often find that there's something I need but didn't bring.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

You can borrow mine..... ;D

Mark Twain

R46chevy

Will anyone other than me have a 1:1 gear ratio?
I am bring a couple of fly rods along with me.
I have a few conventional rods too.