Help ID This Gear

Started by Rivverrat, January 31, 2018, 12:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Received a butt load of parts from Okuma. One of the gears I received for an Andros 1211a wasn't right. They are sending the right gear. Told me to keep this one. But I have no clue what reel it's for not having owned or worked on any Okuma star drag reels.

Any one know or want to take a guess... Jeff

Bryan Young

What was the part number on the baggie?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Bryan, it's the right number but wrong gear. I think ? I know the gear is wrong.

Don't have the schematic. This gear was supposed to be for the Andros 1211a 4.7:1 not the 6.4:1 high gear.

Tiddlerbasher

That looks more like a star drag main gear - not a lever drag :-\

Cor

This is an Okuma Contura CR-453CS bought Feb 2009.  I can't say its the same but similar.   I counted 18 teeth for a 1/4 of the gear?
Cornelis

Rivverrat

Quote from: Rivverrat on January 31, 2018, 12:28:09 AM
 Told me to keep this one. But I have no clue what reel it's for not having owned or worked on any Okuma star drag reels.

No doubt it's for a star drag. I was thinking possibly a Cedros or new Komodo. That Contura gear is close but not quite it. Appreciating the help... Jeff

Porthos

That one reminds me of the 4.0:1 gear from the CT-55W that I used to replace the 6.2:1 in the CT-55N...

Bryan Young

I don't think it's for a Komodo. I believe the gear is much larger.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rivverrat

Bryan I've never had a Komodo in hand so it was a gues based on some pics I found... Jeff