Main Menu

Bent handles

Started by Three se7ens, May 29, 2016, 04:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Ive heard of a few cases of my handles bending in use.  So far, its just been the "sal's Handles" in 113H and 112H/jigmaster sizes. 

If anyone who has purchased these handles and had a problem, please contact me.  I will make it right by you. 

Im going to continue to offer these handles, but with the caveat that they are not for heavy use.  I can offer a heavy duty version if there is interest, but the price will increase.  Ill update this thread when I have a final solution to this. 

Otherwise, Id recommend the style 1 or the offset handles for heavy drag use. 

But Ill offer this warranty for any of my handles:  If you bend or break it in use, send me a picture and the story, And Ill replace it.  If there are any issues, I want to know about it so I can fix it. 

erikpowell

Thanks Adam,
Really?  I fish these on 4/0 , 6/0 and 9/0's.
I can't see ever myself bending these, for sure. I haven't pushed the JM one hard yet.
...but I try to keep people from stepping on my reels  ;D

and I was just wondering if you could do a version of Sal's design as an offset handle.... ;)  for the 114h/115.

btw, your warranty is outstanding!

Three se7ens

Quote from: erikpowell on May 29, 2016, 08:27:42 AM
Thanks Adam,
Really?  I fish these on 4/0 , 6/0 and 9/0's.
I can't see ever myself bending these, for sure. I haven't pushed the JM one hard yet.
...but I try to keep people from stepping on my reels  ;D

and I was just wondering if you could do a version of Sal's design as an offset handle.... ;)  for the 114h/115.

btw, your warranty is outstanding!

The 112H/jigmaster and 113H sized handles use 0.135" thick 316L stainless now, but there was a time period when I could only get 0.120" thick for those.  The 114H and larger reels use 0.188" thick 316 stainless, and are vastly stronger than the smaller versions.  I dont see anyone having an issue with the larger sizes. 

Dont hold your breath on an offset version of Sal's handles.  Its much harder to keep everything straight when bending a curved handle. 

Keta

Quote from: Three se7ens on May 30, 2016, 06:06:01 PM.  Its much harder to keep everything straight when bending a curved handle. 

Yup, and I have the scrap SS to prove it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

I figured I'd get that sort of answer  ;D ;D