Tyrnos Click Noise

Started by Pollack, March 09, 2011, 12:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pollack

Hi,
I recently bought a Tyrnos 8II from the internet, does anyone have a solution to the retrieve clicking noise that it makes? because it really does click for its country big style. Is it possible to remove the dogs and install an antireverse bearing?

Bryan Young

To relieve some of the noise, grease the dog assembly.  Should reduce the sound a bit, but not much.  Anti-reverse bearings have there limitations, and would not recommend even if one is availabe in that size due to the failure rate and especially if that is your only anti-reverse mechanism. Could spell trouble for our knuckles.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Pollack

Thanks Bryan - I have already heavily greased the dogs - guess i'll have to use ear plugs, or find a way to coat them with something.

Bryan Young

Sorry there isn't a simplier solution.  You will just have to learn to love the sound.

My only concerns as I have this same issue in a host of other reels. I wonder if the sound gets transmitted down the fishing line, and if it does, does it help or hurt my strike ratio?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Whiteman

Yep, they are a loud reel. Mighty fine for boating fish though.