Bait

Started by Keta, June 12, 2016, 02:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

What does the bait situation look like?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

joel8080

The last reported 14 hours ago is 3"- 5" Anchovy, No Macks or Sardines but it's to far out to really know.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

MarkT

www.baitbarge.com is the site for Everingham Bros, the bait operators for San Diego and Dana Point.

5-7" Sardines are back in the report!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Morro Bay Harbor has schools of sardines in the 4-8" range and Macs in the 9-14" range. Hope you guys can find the bait either at the barge or making bait. Big baits=big fish, right?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

joel8080

Yesterday they reported 3-5 anchovy & 5-7 sardines. It changes as the bait boats come , also the long range bait situation is a little different as there bait is cured.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

MarkT

As of 6/15/16, 2:30pm San Diego: 3-5 inch Anchovy. No Sardine, No Mac.  I suspect you'd be fine if you're a long range boat.  The bait reports are for private boaters just wanting to come by for some bait.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

the bait guys typically save the sardines for the long range boats.  we only had one year with anchovies, and it was bad......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!