Albino Red Snapper

Started by Newell Nut, June 12, 2016, 11:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Ever see one of these before? I have fished these waters out of Ponce Inlet for over 35 years and never heard of one. This was caught on the Pastime Princess next to me yesterday. Really cool looking fish.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

MarkT

Wild, it doesn't have a red eye either!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tightlines667

Wow.. that is pretty cool.  Would make a great mount.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

conchydong

Never seen any Albino Snappers of any type and I have seen quite a few.  As a youth I commercial fished, even gill netted although I know that is not popular among most recreational fishermen . Did the angler just fillet it or did he/she  call the FWC to examine it first?

Newell Nut

He is planning to have a mount made. Took quick measurements and back in the water. No season for red snappers. Should end up on a magazine cover in a few months.
I received my FWC shirt two days ago for a tag call in on a red snapper. My fish from a few months ago had been tagged in Oct 2012 and had only moved 10 miles.

steelhead_killer

Wow!  Once in a lifetime fish!  Very cool!

Andy
><)))">

erikpowell

Wow !   :o :o
That's a beauty.

Carnster

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Quote from: Newell Nut on June 13, 2016, 01:20:50 AM
He is planning to have a mount made. Took quick measurements and back in the water. No season for red snappers. Should end up on a magazine cover in a few months.
I received my FWC shirt two days ago for a tag call in on a red snapper. My fish from a few months ago had been tagged in Oct 2012 and had only moved 10 miles.

I keep forgetting that you are in Federal waters up where you are. Where I live, ARS are caught in State waters although they are pretty much a rare catch. We may get one or two a year and they are usually short.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

sdlehr

Without a red eye you can't call it an albino (well, you can, but you'd be wrong).... but it's a beautiful marvel just the same!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

anglingarchitect

So educate us Sid what is it if not albino?

Mark

RowdyW

I think that it would be classified as a mutation.