Main Menu

I bought a boat

Started by Tightlines667, June 24, 2016, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

It will make a great river raft or fishing yacht.  What ever your pleasure.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

I was thinking a sled to get me, and my flyrod, out to the triangle flats, ~150yd paddle and duel service life raft for the big boat.
Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

I will be there next week for a test drive.

Tightlines667

You are welcome to it Dwight.  BTW, I am planning an offshore charter for late July.  LMK if you will be around and are interested in joining us.  Cheap fishing.

John
Hope springs eternal

Alto Mare

Nice John, cheap on gas.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 24, 2016, 10:42:37 PM
I was thinking a sled to get me, and my flyrod, out to the triangle flats, ~150yd paddle and duel service life raft for the big boat.

Great idea!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Steve-O

Need to move the bouncy toy so we can see the rest of it.

Wait a minute! It's the raft ...not the red kayak? :o

Where's the patch kit?

Tightlines667

Quote from: mo65 on June 25, 2016, 02:03:36 AM
Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 24, 2016, 10:42:37 PM

Great idea!

The price was right.  We will see how it works in practice :)

Somehow I don'the think it is going to track very well, and I hope I am not stuck floating in it in the middle of the open Pacific clutching my EPIRB.  

Then again, I might be glad I have it onboard.
Hope springs eternal

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 25, 2016, 05:49:18 AM
You are serious.

About buying it.. yes.. about it qualifing as a boat... well it does float, and will be better then swimming.
Hope springs eternal

Maxed Out

I love it John. Hope you hook up with a big cow and it pulls you around like flypaper....that would be a blast !!

Looks like a wet ride either way, so I'd say a good drybag is in order.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

In all seriousness.. I am trying to decide between a Newport27 Sailboat,

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1970/Newport-Sloop-2854670/Oahu/HI/United-States#.V3nCt3pujqA

and a Dyer 33 downeast style w/a low hours 200hp Yanmar.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1978/Dyer--2074411/Honolulu/HI/United-States#.V3nCOnpujqA

I really want a boat to be able to get out on the water and wet some lines, but I am on a limited budget.  I will likely need a partner to ease the pain a bit on the powerboat.

Thoughts?

Hope springs eternal

Newell Nut

oc1

You can use the inflatable as a mooring tender.  The slip rent on those big boys would be expensive.  The Newport looks like a lot of boat for the money.  If it weren't for your reel collection you could live there.  Best of luck with it all.
-steve