Main Menu

I bought a boat

Started by Tightlines667, June 24, 2016, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

Congrats on the new boat. I like that you went with a downeast.

Alto Mare

Congratulations John, nice looking boat. We need to put that chair to the test with one of my Fenwick and Senator. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I haven't been to Hawaii in years.  I'm ready now.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

It will likely be Novemberish b4 she is ready for the blue water, and next Marchish b4 I have everything on my 'to do' list checked off.  Old boat= work.

Please note that any visitation prior to this may result in more work, and less play :)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

FatTuna

You know what they say about boats? The best two days of ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it ;D. All the days in between = work and dumping money into it. It's all worth it in the end but it never stops.

David Hall

This one has to be a labor of pure love. 
So Stafff meeting Hawaiian style somewhere around March 2017.

Tightlines667

A November 1978 release, hull #180, so right about in the middle of total production.
Hope springs eternal

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Tightlines667

I just finished up my electrical work  (for now).

Rewired the entire boat, except the engine harness/panel.  1 GPS plotter/sounder, 2nd sounder, 2 VHF w/DSC, 1 saltwater washdown,  new freshwater system, new interior lights, new dwck lights, new navigation lights, 3 bilge pumps., 1 3 bank 20amp charger/monitor, 1 voltmeter, 1 ampometer, and 3 aux ports.
Hope springs eternal

Dominick

looks good to me.  planning my Hawaii trip.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Really Nice Work John.
She is a beauty.
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

The rod holders are all set up.  5 Universal Shotguns, and 4 Lee's, large 45 deg. standards.
Hope springs eternal

Alto Mare

Now you're getting serious John :), that boat looks very capable. I need to give that chair a test drive one day.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

humboldtdan

I love those lobster boats.  Looks awesome