me - "hi, my name is alan,"

Started by alantani, June 10, 2016, 12:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Quote from: Big Tim on June 10, 2016, 04:30:25 AM
I may have a problem? We may fish for tuna & I don't have the right reel for tuna so i ask my friends to loan me a reel for tuna just in case we do fish for tuna I have a couple of rods for tuna but not quite the rite reels for tuna  :o problem solved today, but maybe i need more for tuna  ;D ;D ;D Oh lord is there a step for this!!!

BT

BT,

I have a full roller Harnell stand up and a International 80  that  I can loan you if you need a setup for the cows.
You would definitely have the heaviest rig on the boat.........
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Big Tim

BT,

I have a full roller Harnell stand up and a International 80  that  I can loan you if you need a setup for the cows.
You would definitely have the heaviest rig on the boat.........

[/quote]

You fished with me...I'm already the heaviest rig on the boat  ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim

Porthos

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 10, 2016, 05:46:16 AM
...I wish You and all my Comrades here the very Best on your upcoming trip.

Can we expect to see you on the 2017 Charter?

johndtuttle

Quote from: swill88 on June 10, 2016, 04:36:18 AM
Quote from: alantani on June 10, 2016, 12:17:15 AM
me - "and i am a tackle junkie."

group - "hi, alan"

me - "remember when i told you guys not to buy any gear?  well, i just bought a torque 30 ld2 and a torque 40n ld2 to go with my jon vadney rods." 

group - "alan, how does that make you feel?"

me - "pretty friggin' good!!!!!"  ;D

alan - 'all you guys need is shrimp flies and squid; you guys are buying too much stuff!"

To be fair to Sensei....Rockfish might be just about the least discriminating fish on planet Earth.  :D

alantani

actually dorado come to mind for that.  i don't know of any other fish that would hit a cigarette butt on a hook!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Quote from: alantani on June 10, 2016, 03:50:03 PM
actually dorado come to mind for that.  i don't know of any other fish that would hit a cigarette butt on a hook!

That's just when they get a little excited! :)

It only seems like that is all the time. :P

alantani

three times in my life i have seen a school of blue fin go stupid.  now THAT is amazing!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

Alan now you can give your old rod and reels to your daughter. Then she would have to find a boy friend that likes to fish. Then you can start the twelve step program all over again. Then comes the grand children and the never ending process continues. I see your retiring I really don't see how your going to do it with your addiction.

Mike

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Big Tim

OK, so I go to Fisherman's Warehouse this morning to get my new YoYo rod for my brand new US Senator 113N and wind up with a Phenix Black Diamond 20-60 in my hands. I held it , caressed it and took out into the light  ;D ;D ;D I then hear a voice "Tim,Tim,Tim" "that's not what you came for" ...I looked at Patrick and then he said "That wont fit your reel"...Thank god for friends  :o Yes Alan we need meetings  ;D I did wind up with a 7' Calstar WC-670-C 20-50 ... I must have that Black Diamond  ;D ;D ;D ( next year)

Don't they look great together!

b houlihan

Quote from: Keta on June 10, 2016, 03:00:13 AM
Quote from: Big Tim on June 10, 2016, 01:07:19 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...you now need an AT 12 step program too.

BT

Step 1, buy reel
Step 2, buy rod for reel
Step 3, buy reel
Step 4, buy rod for reel
Step 5, buy spare rod for reel
Step 6, buy reel for rod without
Step 7, buy rod for the spare reel that has been laying around
Step 8, buy reel
Step 9, buy rod for reel
Step 10, buy spare rod for reel
Step 11, buy reel for rod without reel
Step 12, buy a rod and reel.
step  13, dont tell wife

Big Tim

step  13, dont tell wife

[/quote]

To late  ;D ;D ;D

Ron Jones

I know this is old, but I have a problem. I have somehow come across a Newell 113H stand with nothing atached to it. It is bothering me, I know I can sell it, but it would break my heart to sell anything that says Newell on it. Is it crazy to buy a new reel and bars to put the stand together?

Alan, you have ruined me!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"