Garcia 3000

Started by dkillion, July 04, 2016, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkillion

Hi,
     I am looking for a bail spring for a Garcia 3000 spinning reel.  The part number shown on the schematic is 85721.  Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks

handi2

Quote from: dkillion on July 04, 2016, 08:46:51 PM
Hi,
     I am looking for a bail spring for a Garcia 3000 spinning reel.  The part number shown on the schematic is 85721.  Does anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks

Can you post a picture please.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

That is an odd bail spring -- not in size -- but the fact that the horizontal lower spring tab is 180 degrees opposite from the vertical spring tab.

That reel is made in Japan (it is really a high quality reel) -- so all of the older French Mitchell Bail Springs I have are not correct. 

I did a test fit on a 3000 -- and many springs fit it -- but the tabs are wrong.

Someone should have one -- if not, one could be modified from one that is close.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

dkillion

If I can't find the exact one, what bail spring would fit that I could modify?

foakes

Dick will likely have the spring -- if not, I will modify one for you using one I take out of a Garcia 3000 as a model.

Try Dick, he is a good guy...

Dick Janak. Dick's Rod and Reel Repair, New Paltz, NY. Phone: (845)-255-5874

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

dkillion

Thanks Fred...I really appreciate that.  If he doesn't have one I will let you know.

Dave

dkillion

Fred,
         Dick had bail springs for the Garcia 3000.  Thanks so much for the info....really appreciated.

Dave

foakes

Excellent, Dave --

Glad it worked out so well -- those 3000s are a good reel.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.