Okuma Magda Pro MA 30DX

Started by bread, July 09, 2016, 02:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bread

I have this Okuma Reel, and I use it in salt water fishing for flounder. I noticed the last time it was sticking on the unwind. I was wondering if anyone on the forum have ever takin one apart and cleaned and greased. I was looking for a diagram or utube on how to grease. Have afraid to take apart being so many pieces. :-\

Thanks
Bryan

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bread

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 09, 2016, 04:59:26 PM
Hi Bryan

The magma pro is similar to http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=774.0 and http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1010.0. I hope these 2 posts help.

Bryan

Thks so much for your input. I took the reel apart with much care and was able to clean, grease and rebuild. I will keep the post for future cleaning down the road.

Bill B

Bryan good to hear you were able to tear it done and rebuild.....thats the first step down the dark path....bbbwwwaaahhhhaaa.... :o....before long you are gonna be like the rest of.....welcome to the darkside......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

Great job Bryan.  I'll be sure to let all your friends know you can service reels now.   ;D

Welcome to our hobby.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Wolli

Bryan welcome

attached please find the schematics

Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Wolli

Bryan you confused me....

The PRO Version is the MA-30DXT and not DX

enclosed the correct schematics
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

mizmo67

Yup, this is how it starts, lol.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

RiverAngler

Good job! Now you're hooked!

Welcome!

Ralph
Parents don't frame pictures of their kids playing video games. Take them fishing!