Photos appear upside down

Started by bgreen, July 12, 2016, 08:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgreen

When I try to load photos on this site they appear upside down   ???.....I know I am in the Southern Hemisphere but was hoping there might be an easy fix.   I have even tried inverting the photos upside on my computer prior to loading....but that doesn't work....advice and a solution would be much appreciated  :)...cheers Bruce

sdlehr

Bruce, the only way I know of to fix that is to open a Photobucket account and link the pics there to your posts with the img url info next to each Photobucket picture. It requires an additional few steps, but the Photobucket account is free.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

bgreen

Quote from: sdlehr on July 12, 2016, 05:18:17 PM
Bruce, the only way I know of to fix that is to open a Photobucket account and link the pics there to your posts with the img url info next to each Photobucket picture. It requires an additional few steps, but the Photobucket account is free.

Sid

Thanks Sid I will get an account. A few extra steps seem well worth the reduced frustration. One other question, when you post photos as a reply to someone's post are you limited to 4 photos...I only seem to be able to upload 4....many thanks. Cheers Bruce

sdlehr

Quote from: bgreen on July 12, 2016, 06:23:18 PM
One other question, when you post photos as a reply to someone's post are you limited to 4 photos...I only seem to be able to upload 4....many thanks. Cheers Bruce
Not on photo bucket, because you are copying and pasting the url of the photo on photobucket into your post; You don't actually include the picture file itself in your post. I think of it like this: you compose your post and include within it a link or links to the photo(s) on photobucket - no limit to the number you can use in a post . This forum works with photobucket to grab and display your photo. If photobucket goes down, or if you move or delete the picture file on photobucket, your photo will no longer be displayed in your post.

Hope that helps.
Sid
Sid Lehr

bgreen

Quote from: sdlehr on July 12, 2016, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: bgreen on July 12, 2016, 06:23:18 PM
One other question, when you post photos as a reply to someone's post are you limited to 4 photos...I only seem to be able to upload 4....many thanks. Cheers Bruce
Not on photo bucket, because you are copying and pasting the url of the photo on photobucket into your post; You don't actually include the picture file itself in your post. I think of it like this: you compose your post and include within it a link or links to the photo(s) on photobucket - no limit to the number you can use in a post . This forum works with photobucket to grab and display your photo. If photobucket goes down, or if you move or delete the picture file on photobucket, your photo will no longer be displayed in your post.

Hope that helps.
Sid

Thanks Sid ....photos are now displaying correctly....cheers

sdlehr

Sid Lehr