Titanium handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, July 13, 2016, 03:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Since I have had a few cases of the Sal's handle style handles bending under heavy load, I wanted to offer a heavy duty version of that design.  There just wasn't much I could do with the design to strengthen it without losing the the original design theme.  So instead I went with a stronger material.  In this case, its grade 5 titanium.  Titanium is significantly stronger than the 316 stainless used in my other handles, its completely impervious to salt water corrosion, and is also very springy.  It tends to return to its original shape if it does flex.  Its also light.  Very light.  The stainless version of the 113H handle weighs 32 grams, while the titanium weighs just 18 grams.

But there is a downside.  Titanium is expensive.  So these handles will have to be priced higher than the stainless versions.

The Sal's handle will be $24 each for all of the following fitments:  112H/jigmaster long version, 113H, Newell 200-600, and Penn Baja special/torque 200-300/etc.

The counterbalanced handle will also be available for $34 each for all of the following fitments:  113H, Newell 200-600, and Penn Baja special/torque 200-300/etc.

The long version of the 112H/jigmaster handle is the same length as the 113H handle.  I will consider offering any other sizes and designs if there is a demand for it.  The Baja special is a new fitment, and I will be adding that as an option to all of my current designs. 

If youre interested in purchasing any of these, just reply here with what you want.  I have material, but so far Ive only had a few samples cut. 

Swami805

I'd like 3 of Sal's handles for newells please. Those look incredible. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

I'd like
(2) Sals version one for 113h and one for jigmaster.
(1) counterbalanced for 113h

Three se7ens

Quote from: nelz on July 13, 2016, 04:17:47 AM
Can you post a photo of the counterbalanced handle?

It will look the same as the #4 handle here.  I dont have any of the titanium ones at the moment to take a picture of, but its that design.  The titanium is a little darker than the stainless after running through the tumblers, but can be hand polished to a high luster. 

Alto Mare

The pic is not great but here you go:

Both titanium on the left.
These are amazing!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

spc7669

I'll take one Sal's handle for a 113H.

thorhammer

Hi what do you think for ETA on these?

Alto Mare

Adam, if you're making Sal's handles for the larger reels as well, put me down for a set from the 112H to the 16/0.
Thanks!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

A Flex and spring back is very interesting and may just be the ticket. Sounds great.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 13, 2016, 10:05:47 PM
Adam, if you're making Sal's handles for the larger reels as well, put me down for a set from the 112H to the 16/0.
Thanks!

Sal

Im going to start with the 1/8" thick parts. 

I should have some of these ready in a week or two.  Ill send out invoices when I have them ready to ship.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on July 14, 2016, 02:36:51 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on July 13, 2016, 10:05:47 PM
Thanks!

Sal

Im going to start with the 1/8" thick parts. 

I should have some of these ready in a week or two.  Ill send out invoices when I have them ready to ship.

Cool, thanks!

Maxed Out

Here you go guys(and gals).

The blue 113H has Adam's original arm and the silver 113H has the new titanium arm. Both are "Sals" style handle arms and stars from Adam. Knobs from Alan C.

I musta been lucky to get one of Adam's first titanium versions.  :D I doubt I'll be bending the titanium arm, unless I drive my truck over it. ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

Alto Mare

Those are sick looking!... Nice job Ted!

thorhammer

Adam,

I need six Sal's handles for 113H. Thanks!

John