Model K with Star

Started by Penn Chronology, July 21, 2016, 12:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Chronology

QuoteWell, I'd say it's about time, but you beat me to it....congrats Mike !!

Thanks Ted. I have had many of these in my hands. Sent one off to Ray in OZ. I missed opportunities to buy them. About 10 years ago someone even offered me all three of the prototypes (Model F and both Model K's) in very nice shape for $1500 for the set; but, I did not want to spring for the money because I already owned a Model F (which is still in my collection), that was a mistake   <:O( . I passed on a few Model K's with broken handle shaft collars. When I saw this one, I knew all I needed to make is complete was a 1934 donor reel. I really did not want to spend four figures for one; but, that is what clean complete, good running ones are currently selling for. So, this one was good for me. I was rough when I got it; but, when the donor reel surfaced on EBay, I was able to get it fair and that was what I needed to get it done. ;D

So, thanks again Ted, some things are worth waiting for.......

Maxed Out

We all knew you would get one eventually Mike, because you are a very patient man. Let's also not forget perseverance, which you have no shortage of.

Mike, I noticed the circle K was a J & K about a year ago, but did not want to toss myself under the bus. Finally made the plunge and was thrilled to hear that you jumped under the bus to save me. Can't say thank you enough and in the future I'll look both ways prior to stepping off the curb.  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Voice of Reason...hmm.  It might fit.  He knows stuff.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Happy to see you landed that rare bird.  It's true, Ted and I did discuss the JK symbol about a year ago through texts.
The "voice of reason" is fitting... my collection has grown way more extensive than I was planning mostly due to Ted's "voice of reason."  That voice has cost me some serious dough over the past few years, but the collection is getting sick, so that's not a complaint.
Luckily I haven't heard that voice when the model F's and K's come up ;)
Nice restoration Mike!
Thanks for sharing
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike, I noticed the circle K was a J & K about a year ago, but did not want to toss myself under the bus. Finally made the plunge and was thrilled to hear that you jumped under the bus to save me. Can't say thank you enough and in the future I'll look both ways prior to stepping off the curb.  Cheesy Cheesy

When you are right, you are right. Better to not take all this too seriously. It is supposed to be a fun hobby

QuoteLuckily I haven't heard that voice when the model F's and K's come up Wink

Be careful about the voice Dom. Sometimes it comes out and makes you do things you think you would never do!