alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Model K with Star
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
August 17, 2019, 06:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Model K with Star  (Read 7138 times)
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 11:05:38 PM »

Well, I'd say it's about time, but you beat me to it....congrats Mike !!

Thanks Ted. I have had many of these in my hands. Sent one off to Ray in OZ. I missed opportunities to buy them. About 10 years ago someone even offered me all three of the prototypes (Model F and both Model K's) in very nice shape for $1500 for the set; but, I did not want to spring for the money because I already owned a Model F (which is still in my collection), that was a mistake   <:O( . I passed on a few Model K's with broken handle shaft collars. When I saw this one, I knew all I needed to make is complete was a 1934 donor reel. I really did not want to spend four figures for one; but, that is what clean complete, good running ones are currently selling for. So, this one was good for me. I was rough when I got it; but, when the donor reel surfaced on EBay, I was able to get it fair and that was what I needed to get it done. Grin

So, thanks again Ted, some things are worth waiting for.......
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »

We all knew you would get one eventually Mike, because you are a very patient man. Let's also not forget perseverance, which you have no shortage of.

Mike, I noticed the circle K was a J & K about a year ago, but did not want to toss myself under the bus. Finally made the plunge and was thrilled to hear that you jumped under the bus to save me. Can't say thank you enough and in the future I'll look both ways prior to stepping off the curb.  Cheesy Cheesy

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »

Voice of Reason...hmm.  It might fit.  He knows stuff.   Roll Eyes Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 04:26:13 PM »

Happy to see you landed that rare bird.  It's true, Ted and I did discuss the JK symbol about a year ago through texts.
The "voice of reason" is fitting... my collection has grown way more extensive than I was planning mostly due to Ted's "voice of reason."  That voice has cost me some serious dough over the past few years, but the collection is getting sick, so that's not a complaint.
Luckily I haven't heard that voice when the model F's and K's come up Wink
Nice restoration Mike!
Thanks for sharing
Dom
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 08:50:44 PM »

Mike, I noticed the circle K was a J & K about a year ago, but did not want to toss myself under the bus. Finally made the plunge and was thrilled to hear that you jumped under the bus to save me. Can't say thank you enough and in the future I'll look both ways prior to stepping off the curb.  Cheesy Cheesy

When you are right, you are right. Better to not take all this too seriously. It is supposed to be a fun hobby

Luckily I haven't heard that voice when the model F's and K's come up Wink

Be careful about the voice Dom. Sometimes it comes out and makes you do things you think you would never do!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: